Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I plan on getting a new stabilizer for my AM 32, whats everyones opinion on the best all around stabilizer for hunting?

·
Registered
2,663 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What length do you guys like best??

·
Registered
589 Posts
Only downside is you can't get the Woodsman II in the APG camo. That's the reason I'm going with a b-stinger, probably a 12 inch 11 oz.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Paradigm SOS

·
Registered
311 Posts
I would say Paradigm SOS, just not sure how effective it is for vibration dampening, it is tops for stabilization and weight, very flexible to your setup.
Anyone comment on its ability at reducing vibration...

·
Undocumented
18,095 Posts
What length do you guys like best??
It would depend on your type of hunting. I hunt open area's with long Draws and open Wheat and Alfalfa fields. So i need the extra length and the proper Weight for those long Shots. So i use the 11.5 Inch Paradigm Archery S.O.S. I recently Switched to it and love it. I was using a Doinker 11.5 inch Power A Bomb and i thought that was great. But the S.O.S surpasses the Doinker By Quality, More Accurate IMO. and definitely more versatile. With the 11.5 inch stabs, i can take those long 50 plus yard shots with confidence. Plus I'm a Spot and Stalk and Ambush Hunter, So I'm not worried about getting snagged in a tree or in a Blind.
If you hunt from a three or from a blind. You might need to have more room to move around the tight Quarters without getting snagged up or caught in a tree limb. So you might want to go with a stab that is 8 inches or less. even 8 inches might be pushing it for a ground blind. I tried my 12 inch stab in a ground blind once, It wasn't a pretty sight!:mg:.With Paradigm Archery, You can buy one stab and with the option of extra X-Tubes, you can shorten or lengthen the stab out to 30 inches if needed without getting rid of your stab.
I would say Paradigm SOS, just not sure how effective it is for vibration dampening, it is tops for stabilization and weight, very flexible to your setup.
Anyone comment on its ability at reducing vibration...
The Paradigm Archery S.O.S comes with six Half moon Weights are are placed internally within the tube. You have the option to place it wherever you need to balance your bow. The Weights do not touch the tube. When you fire the bow the Vibration is absorbed by the Weights. I'm no Engineer but i get it and it works!. My bow is even quieter than ever and the Stability is outstanding!.
Check out www.paradigmarchery.com for more info.

·
Registered
24,953 Posts
12" Posten woodsman 2 with the carbon core. it works great for target, 3d and hunting. im very impressed with the qaulity of this stab and it works amazing. it really helped tighten my groups up even more and the pins dont move alot anymore. plus they are the best looking stab ive seen IMO. and Jim is a great guy to deal with.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Tough decisions...

·
Catch us if you can!
5,716 Posts
for an alphamax.....FUSE

·
Registered
7,546 Posts
If you want a stanbilizer that stabilizes then get a B Stinger or a Posten Slim Jim or an Extreme Stabilizer. If you want a stab that suppresses noise/shock then go with sims modular.

·
Registered
7,546 Posts
seriously a b stinger with a black rod and a APG weight would look sick on that bow.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts