Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, Last year for my hunting set up I shot about 58# at 27.5", and shot my bow with a seven inch stab. I could hold steady as could be. I changed some stuff this year, I am now shooting around 66# give or take, at the same dl. I now shoot my predator pro with the dovetail fully extended, to open up my pin gaps. I have shot for about a week with no stab, getting ready for hunting. Held damn steady. (or so I thought). I then shot with my 12" stab,,, and hel SUPER steady. Now when I shoot withought it, I can't settle a pin worth jack. I am worried my new stabilizer set up is too long for hunting, but I think It will work. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
805 Posts
There are plenty of guys on here who hunt with 12" stabs. Have you tried your 7" stab, or any other shorter stab to see if they will work?

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I have, It was like there seemed to be a slow drooping action of my pins when trying to settle, a sign of too much weight on the end. My 12 inch is perfect though.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
a 12'' stab is fine , thats what ive used for the past 6 years for hunting. if your holdind steady with it (keep) it on.
"deer dont care if your stab is 6'' or 14'' long, the goal is what works the best (for you) .. good luck this year

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I couldn't tell you. LOL but I think I will just go with it and see. If it is not working out... hell theres always time to adjust

·
Registered
805 Posts
As has been said, you will be fine using the 12". If you want to use a shorter one then try one thats lighter. I personally hate to start changing things up this close to season though. Good luck to you.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
12 inch is fine. Arrow sticks off the front alot farther then that anyhow

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good point The Answer! I guess I never thought of it that way!

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
I will be using my 12" stab this year. I don't think it is long at all. Like said before, your arrow sticks out way farther!!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts