Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you use the same stabilizer for hunting as you use for target shooting? I use the same bow for both. I use a s-coil right now, but I am thinking about getting something a little longer with some weight for target shooting.

· Registered
938 Posts
I all so use the s-coil. I use the same bow as well as the same stabilizer to target shoot with. Cause I shoot my bow out of the stand as well as off the ground when I'm target shootin.

· Registered
2,679 Posts
I use my B-stinger..I just change the weight Simple and they are the Best IMO

· Registered
683 Posts
i used the s-coil last hunting season but,just bought an extreme stab. 10".you won't believe the difference when you use a true stabilizer.all the weights come with them and are adjustable,and 10" seems to be a good length to do it all 3d,hunt,target,etc.

· Registered
2,675 Posts
I used a S-coil for a few years now... Just finally got my first POSTEN and will be using that for both target and hunting. Works great!

· Registered
1,733 Posts
I use the same Fuse axium for target as I do for hunting, just bought myself an Fuse Carbon CX to try while practicing but gave it to my wife to try an see if it makes an diffence on her bow

Matt

· Registered
4,838 Posts
I find the best of both worlds in the B-Stinger stabilizer. For 3D and indoors I use a 12" 11oz. For hunting I alternate an 8.5 inch bar with a 12" with the 11oz weight. The heavier the weight at the end of a stiff carbon tube as is the B-Stinger, the more the pin "sticks" to what I'm aiming at. It's almost like cheating it seems sometimes.:wink:

You can also tune your bow to your specs by just changing tube lengths and end weights for the perfect combination.:thumbs_up

Your S-coil may take out a slight bit of noise, but does very little if any for stabilization. Noise should be attacked from where it originates....your bowstring.

Blair is an ArcheryTalk sponsor and can be contacted at www.b-stinger.com or here with RI Max as his username. He'll help you out with a setup.

His customer service is top notch and 100% gauranteed satisfaction for 30 days or send it back. Can't beat that offer with a stick!:nod:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.