Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a new Mathews Reezen 6.5 with a 30 in. draw & 70lb. pull. I am equipping it with a Viper pro 2000 sight, a Mathews dead end string stop, an Alpine soft-loc 7 quiver, and a QAD ultra HD series rest (all in lost camo). I shoot with a release and this set up will be used primarily for hunting whitetails from treestands. I was wondering if anyone could recommend a stabilizer for this bow. I am considering a Toxonics New Balance Stabilizer or an Alpine MR2 Stabilizer (I've never used either model), but I would consider others if several people recommend the same one. Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well if you have a good dealer he will let you try several before you buy one. Thats what my dealer did. I shot the 4 most popular ones for a Bowtech Captain and went with the 7" Octane with a limbsaver noise cap piece. That felt the best for me.

·
Registered
19,545 Posts
contact Jim Posten for a custom stabilizer to meet your every need.....

contact him with information about your set-up and what you are looking for out of the stabilizer. he will point you in the right direction.

getting to custom build one with colors and accents is just a bonus :wink:

·
Registered
11,140 Posts
contact Jim Posten for a custom stabilizer to meet your every need.....

contact him with information about your set-up and what you are looking for out of the stabilizer. he will point you in the right direction.

getting to custom build one with colors and accents is just a bonus :wink:
That is good advice.:thumbs_up

Click on the link in my signature. :)

·
Undocumented
18,095 Posts
Check out www.paradigmarchery.com

The S.O.S Stabilizer can be shortened or lengthened. You can adjust the internal half moon weights to your bow and shooting style. You can add more weights to the end if you desire. Its versatility at its finest.

·
Registered
24,902 Posts
alot of good brands but i personally LOVE my paradigm sos

its adjustable length and has a built in disconnect and offset

comes with 8 3/4oz half moon shaped weights that can move up and down and 360 degrees around the tubes. if you need more weight you can get a 8.5 oz weight that goes in the very end.

finish is the strongest i have ever seen and the owner of the company is a great guy to deal with. also if you buy know you get a additional 6" tube free of charge and can make i think 6 different length stabilizers with this set up.

if you have any questions feel free to pm me:)

go to my profile for pics

posten makes nice ones as well.

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
IMO, the Smooth Stability Stabs are the Bees Knees. I love mine and it has helped me out immensely. The customer service is beyond exceptional and the fit & finish of the finished project is only outdone by its performance.

·
Registered
7,534 Posts
Here is two of my bows with the Smooth Stability on them.....Omen has an 8" Camo SS and the Athens has an all black 12" on it.....

Man these stabilizers make you hold like no others out there and arent heavy like most!!!

My 18" weighs less than most peoples 6" beacuse of the design not the weight itself that helps steady your bow and all the way through your shot!!!

www.smoothstability.com check it out for yourself.

Good luck Bro!!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Paradigm SOS.

Have had (well still have) a B-stinger. Works good but not quite in the same class as the SOS.

How far do you plan on shooting? If its <35yds and for whitetails just to save coin a sims X-coil just for a bit of damping will work great.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Try several

Well if you have a good dealer he will let you try several before you buy one. Thats what my dealer did. I shot the 4 most popular ones for a Bowtech Captain and went with the 7" Octane with a limbsaver noise cap piece. That felt the best for me.
x2 on this advice.

Cabelas let me try a bunch before I picked the one that I liked the best. I was primarily after reduced noise.

Others may be wanting the stabilizer for balance so it's up to you, how you shoot and what you're wanting the device to accomplish.

I settled on the Vibracheck ICON Stabilizer and I'm 110% satisfied.

·
Registered
22,697 Posts
Another vote for Smooth Stability. Simply the hottest new stab out there. But most importantly, it works as advertised. Do a quick search and read all of the great comments on them.

I would go with the 6 or 8 inch model for treestand hunting.

If you want a stabilizer check out www.smoothstability.com

If you want a sound dampener or something on the front of your bow try the rest.:)

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
You've come to the right place !

:mg: I''ll get the stabilizer :welcome: wagon out for you !:wave:

:) Donkier is my favorite .:eek:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts