Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a couple of longer 5/16-24 machine screws so that I can add additional weights... Just left Menards and Home Depot empty handed. Where should I look?

Also, what are your preferences for additional weights? The ones I've looked at sure seem expensive for what they are.

·
Registered
11,868 Posts
Shadow stabilizers has screws and weights are the cheapest I have found. You can go to fastenal if you have one close and they have the bolts for sure.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Several places carry 5/16-24 stainless steel threaded rod. I see it on Amazon, Home Depot, and other website. I actually got mine from an auto parts store, made by Dorman. Most of them come in 12" pieces.

·
Back Yard Champion
29,764 Posts
I got screws at a Fastenal store. They had to be ordered. I got stainless steel, 1 1/2" 5/26X24 and 2 2". They ain't cheap, cost and shipping - $19.53.

You can buy steel threaded rod, but cut, there's no allen hole.

A couple here on AT are said to have weights less expensive than through Lancaster. If buying from Lancaster consider the solid heavier weights. Bee Stringer has 4 and 8 ounce weights that are inexpensive compared to single one ounce weights.

Depends on how weight you need. I have 7 ounces on the front and 14 ounces on the back. These comprise of one 4 ounce and one 8 ounce solid weights and of course 9 single one ounce weights. Look it up in Lancaster's catalog and I've got a small bundle wrapped in weights...not counting some I got real cheap.

·
Registered
4,963 Posts

·
edthearcher
6,509 Posts
I'm looking for a couple of longer 5/16-24 machine screws so that I can add additional weights... Just left Menards and Home Depot empty handed. Where should I look?

Also, what are your preferences for additional weights? The ones I've looked at sure seem expensive for what they are.
I have found that ace hardware always have a good supply of the screws i,am look for

1 - 6 of 6 Posts