Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if this is kinda high to have a stabilizer shipped back to me, I emailed a Tarjac about dipping a 12" 14 oz. stabilizer (B-stinger from Spott-Hoggit) in Mossy Oak Obsession, they quoted me $10 to dip and $32.00 :mg: to ship it back to me, Im wondering if thats kinda high for shipping. I know I live in Hawaii and it takes alittle more to have things to be shipped out here, but I just wondering if thats normal for shipping something like that.

·
washed up wannabe
12,235 Posts
Nope, not normal if they would simply ship by U.S. Priority Mail. Shouldn't cost more than $10 that way.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Wow, I did some checking and I could send it to you Priority Mail for $5.75 and Next Day (Express Mail) for less than $18. Thats from KY.

Darrel

·
Bowhemian
8,300 Posts
Shouldn't cost any more than ten bucks to ship a stabilizer. That $32 quote is way out of line.

·
Registered
6,640 Posts
Priority Prices are the same for ALL 50 States. They may be using an online calculator that just guesstimating the shipping costs. You need to speak or e-mail someone directly to get a firm shipping price. Heck! you can ship 2 bows for that price!

·
Registered
682 Posts
Apple ,the makers of the bow presses wanted $US 75.00 for a replacement Rack Jack which I thought was reasonable until I asked them how much for shipping to Australia $US190.00 :mg:
And this was there cheapest shipping method
Neadless to say I didnt buy the jack
Jason

·
Registered
3,113 Posts
I got burned by shipping charges a few times, now I always check to add that to the cost. You know the times when someone charges $12 and you get the package and it's postmarked $2.85!!!

That's how alot of places low-ball the price they jack up the shipping.

·
74,535 Posts
I have learned

To ask for shipping rates first.

Some companys will hit you a little harder than others.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Too high for sure

I recently got a set of X10 rods (stabilizer and 2 vbars) shipped to me in Australia for around $25 :) So $32 for one small one, shipped within your country is way to expensive :eek:

·
Registered
5,552 Posts
Manufacturers rarely ship USPS. It is much easier to track shipped items through UPS. It costs more, but not that much, you are getting rooked. I would complain. The most it has ever cost to ship a bow thru UPS is $18 (average is $14). I would suspect your stabilizer is much smaller and lighter that a bow! Make that call!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts