Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have any insight as to how much is a good weight for a stabilizer to provide good balance without adding a un-needed weight to the front end.

My bow fully rigged is right at 4 1/2 pounds.

Thanks.

·
Registered
726 Posts
As far as balance, every bow is different, everyone’s grip is different. You'll just have to experiment.
For stabilization, the more the better, the longer the better, within reason.

Look up the B-Stinger web site, they have some good information.

·
Registered
24,957 Posts
you have to experiment. i use a paradigm sos with over 10 0z in the very end and over 3 oz in the mid section. its pretty heavy but my bow holds dead.

go shoot a bunch of stabilizers and different weights until you find one you like.

find what what works for you.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Anybody have any insight as to how much is a good weight for a stabilizer to provide good balance without adding a un-needed weight to the front end.

My bow fully rigged is right at 4 1/2 pounds.

Thanks.
Rev,

Please give me a PM and we can discuss what might be good for you.

In a nutshell the BASE will add the mass and balance your looking for, without that "front heavy feel" commonly associated with todays reflexed riser, parallel limbed bows.

The BASE will lower your bows center of gravity, aid in balancing your bow both longitudinally and laterally, add measurable moments of inertia , as well as reduce bow shock and vibration. Remember, the mathematical effectiveness of a stabilizer is measured from the grip axis in every direction (360) , not distance away from the riser, as some mistakenly believe.

You can orient weight on either side of the riser for perfect lateral balance.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts