Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I use a little 4 1/2 in. S-Coil stabilizer from limbsaver. I cant really tell that much of a difference when its on from when its off! What is a good balanced stabilizer I should try! I shoot a brand knew RedHead Kronik 70# 29in.?
Thanks

·
Registered
7,534 Posts
Check out the Smooth Stability stabs.....link in my signature

I used s coil before and they are more for shock than stability....check out the tech section of the website, Steve has great info on there to help understand. These stabilizers come in all different sizes but I prefer the 8" for hunting and man do they ever balance and keep you stabile while aiming!!!

·
Registered
5,377 Posts
The jim posten stabilizers and b-stingers seem to be some of the more popular ones. I haven't shot either, but will probably pick one up in the off season. Haven't decided which one yet.

·
Registered
24,950 Posts
depends on price.

whats your range?

for all out adjustability you cant top paradigm sos. i has 3 stabilizer lengths in one. comes with a bunch of internal weights that can be place 360 degrees around the bare and slide up and down until you get the feel you want and also has on 8.5 oz dead weight if you want alot. built in offset and dissconnect. its $120 new but with all those options worth it. you could use 1 stabilizer for the rest of your life.

for the $70 range posten woodsman 10" is hard to beat very nice qaulity and great stability with adjustable end weights.

b stinger and smooth stability are suppose to be good as well.

but no stabilizer out there now is even close to as adjustable as a paradigm sos.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Posten or Xtreme. Xtreme has a 3 in one stabilizer, that stabilizer comes apart so you can shorten, make it longer, or whatever. I love mine, my bow holds better than it ever has before. ApAnTn makes them he and Jim Posten are both in my friend list if you are interested.

·
Registered
22,697 Posts
Can not go wrong with the Smooth Stability. It comes in a variety of lengths and weights. www.smoothstability.com

·
Registered
42 Posts
I also tried an S-coil and could not tell a bit of difference when it was on and off. I even had a friend take it on/off without me looking so I could make an unbiased decision. Honestly couldn't tell a difference at all - took it back to the store!

I'm not bashing the S-coil, some people probably love them, but on today's "shock free" bows they don't seem to do much good. In all fairness, I also couldn't tell a noticable difference in feel or grouping with a friend's heavy 7" Doinker installed. Decided to forget about a stabilizer and just buy a 5/16" x 24 cap screw (standard stabilizer thread) to attach my sling.

80lb Hoyt Alphamax 32
515gr. 29.5" Axis Nano

·
Registered
24,950 Posts
cant tell teh difference with an s coil cause its s shock dampener not a stabilizer. something that small and light will never stabilze a bow. just make people think it really makes a difference

·
Registered
493 Posts
cant tell teh difference with an s coil cause its s shock dampener not a stabilizer. something that small and light will never stabilze a bow. just make people think it really makes a difference
EXACTLY.
There is a difference between a Stabalizer and a Dampener.
the main thing to remember is that the Stab works by using a decent amount of weight placed away from the bow.
A good Stab will also have some dampening capabilities.

There are a lot of great dampeners out there.
But don't be fooled by the price.
One of the best Stabalizers I ever tested was one by Easton (carbon rod stab). It had 3 carbon rods down the body, and the body was made of a rubber dampaning material. It only retailed for about $20, and it worked BETTER than some of the $80 Stabs I've tested.

I hope this Helps.
Good luck.

·
Registered
22,697 Posts
ttt

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
I have both the fuse and b-stinger in my repertoire and they both have there respective jobs.

The fuse is great on my katera because I have basically no hand shock or vibration.

The B- Stinger is great because it allows me to hold rock solid out to 50+ yards

·
Registered
14,506 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
I just bought the Smooth Stability stab and I was really amazed at the results from this stab. I shot Sims modulars with an Enhancer 2000. There is no comparison. I'm quit sure the others listed are good as well but I dont have any experiance with them, But this thing tightened up my groups like you wouldnt believe and its light.

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
Check out the Smooth Stability stabs.....link in my signature

I used s coil before and they are more for shock than stability....check out the tech section of the website, Steve has great info on there to help understand. These stabilizers come in all different sizes but I prefer the 8" for hunting and man do they ever balance and keep you stabile while aiming!!!
couldn't have said it better myself, the S coil is more for taking the shock out. The SS stabs are the bomb and will keep you rock solid.

·
Registered
3,534 Posts
Or you could buy a 5 inch extender and fit the S coil in the end of that. Lancaster have a Cartel for $29.99.

·
Registered
22,697 Posts
ttt

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
I use a little 4 1/2 in. S-Coil stabilizer from limbsaver. I cant really tell that much of a difference when its on from when its off! What is a good balanced stabilizer I should try! I shoot a brand knew RedHead Kronik 70# 29in.?
Thanks

If you're looking to optimize the balance of your rig, and raise your level of performance you will need a stabilizer with the most amount of adjustment you can find.....for all out adjustability, function, versatility, and overall performance the SOS is simply in a class of its own.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts