Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm lookin at gettin the trophy ridge static stabilizer it comes in 6" and 9". How do I decide which one to get???

·
USMC 04/2005-05/2013
3,603 Posts
Get whichever length you feel like. Just keep in mind, your arrow sticks out further so don't think 9" is to long.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Just remember what a stabilizer actually does...unless the end weight of a stabilizer is out farther than your limb pockets then all your doing is adding extra weight to the bow with some vibration reduction...see the red line in the photo you have to past that in order to stabilize...so if your wanting to stabilize your bow then get the longer one

·
Registered
4,107 Posts
Just remember what a stabilizer actually does...unless the end weight of a stabilizer is out farther than your limb pockets then all your doing is adding extra weight to the bow with some vibration reduction...see the red line in the photo you have to past that in order to stabilize...so if your wanting to stabilize your bow then get the longer one
2nd that.. When I had my 13 Spyder Turbo I measured it pressed against a door facing and it was 6 inch's. At 1 time I had a 15 inch stab with QD that was right at 17¼ inch's that worked pretty darn good on it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Itz_adam989 well I'm wantin it to help stabilize it so that's prob what I'll have to consider. Now if the 6" sticks out past the limb pockets would there be any reason to get the 9". Angel King what makes B Stingers better than any other stabilizer? I've heard really good things about em but what makes em so good?

·
USMC 04/2005-05/2013
3,603 Posts
Nothing really makes them any better than anything else when you compare them to the likes of Doinker, Shrewd, Carbofast etc...
A longer stab allows you to use less weight so you can have a smaller float pattern. With a shorter stab, you may need more weight to achieve the same thing you would get with a longer stab and less weight.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Itz_adam989 well I'm wantin it to help stabilize it so that's prob what I'll have to consider. Now if the 6" sticks out past the limb pockets would there be any reason to get the 9". Angel King what makes B Stingers better than any other stabilizer? I've heard really good things about em but what makes em so good?
Just think of it this way, when a tight rope walker goes to walk across their rope and they use a long rod to stabilize themselves as they walk now if they used a short one they would have a more difficult time... Yes they might get the job done with a short stick...and like mentioned earlier the longer the less weight you would need to achieve to hold steady...u would be very surprised what 1oz. Of weight does in front of your bow...oh and bee stingers haven an internal dampener inside the rod to help eliminate vibration...check out their website...they cost more but well worth it...that what I have on my bow

·
Registered
606 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts