Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about taking my stabilizer off and shooting without one. I have the Mathews traverse. Does anyone else shoot without one and if so what do you put in place so that your wrist strap stays on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,978 Posts
I shot 35 years with out one. I think in many cases, the shorter stabs add little value except weight and they look sexy. To you second question, a 1/2” long bolt.

·
Registered
3,796 Posts
Thinking about taking my stabilizer off and shooting without one. I have the Mathews traverse. Does anyone else shoot without one and if so what do you put in place so that your wrist strap stays on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I alternate between shooting my Traverse with and without my BeeStinger Dovetail Mount Counterslide stabilizer mounted on my rear stabilizer mount (a great advantage of the dovetail mount is the ability to just pop it on or off the bow). I can hold a little steadier on target with it so I usually put it on at longer yardage, but out to 40, I can shoot just fine without (I hunt without). I have my wrist strap mounted using a stainless steel rounded hex head bolt (blackened head).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts