Archery Talk Forum banner

Stablizer Bushing

781 Views 21 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  Jayhawk
Anyone have one for a Hoyt Ultraelite?

So I bought this bow here from the AT classifieds. It is turning into the money pit.

Bow needs refinished because it is a "looks good from 10ft" picture and not as described.

Stabilzer disconnect is stuck in the bushing. I got it off the bushing, but the threads are messed up. I tried putting it back in, but made it worse.

I think I will have to have it helicoiled to put in a new stablizer bushing.

So does anyone have one or know where I can get one for a Hoyt Ultraelite?

Thanks
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
4,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sorry to hear about your bad luck...people like that make me sick:pukey: id call hoyt
The seller did refund some $ to get it refinished, so it is not all bad, but there will just be a delay to get the bushing fixed before I can get it refinished.

· --------------
1,835 Posts
I let a guy at a shoot borrow a stabalizer, after the shoot he returned it and a couple of months later I went to use it and it had the hoyt stab bushing on the stab threads, I don't know who he was so I still have the bushing.

I think it was from a protec or something close, If all the hoyt bushings are the same it's yours if you want it.

· Registered
4,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I let a guy at a shoot borrow a stabalizer, after the shoot he returned it and a couple of months later I went to use it and it had the hoyt stab bushing on the stab threads, I don't know who he was so I still have the bushing.

I think it was from a protec or something close, If all the hoyt bushings are the same it's yours if you want it.
That would be great. I will pm you my address. Does it have threads on the outside of the bushing?

Thanks so much.

· Registered
4,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
run a tap down it, the wall on that bushing may not accommodate an STI thread for the Helicoil.
Do you know what tap size to use?

· Lefty Senior Member
2,833 Posts
Ron, You might call that little turd Lee and see if he has one left over from his Hoyt days. I'm sure he still has parts laying around or have him pull one out of his mathews. It ain't like he shoots it anyway. :mg:

· Registered
4,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
measure the diameter and then measure how many threads there are in 1'' that will tell you what size tap you need.
ok. I will have to use the replacement bushing to measure. Don't think it is one inch long though.

· Registered
4,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ron, You might call that little turd Lee and see if he has one left over from his Hoyt days. I'm sure he still has parts laying around or have him pull one out of his mathews. It ain't like he shoots it anyway. :mg:
Lol..I will quote you on that one!

· Registered
4,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

· --------------
1,835 Posts
That would be great. I will pm you my address. Does it have threads on the outside of the bushing?

Thanks so much.
Yep, has threads on the outside, whatever is used to hold it in must of come loose and it stayed on my stabalizer and unthreaded from the riser.

whats your address and I'll send it too you. It's been a couple of years so he must not be llooking for it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.