Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any comments, good or bad about this release? I'm thinking of trying it to switch to a hand held for hunting. Thanks

·
Registered
852 Posts
I shot one for awhile, when I was 1st getting into BT releases, and it helped with my target panic at that time... Eventually, I found it had more "travel" than the Carters I ended up shooting, and not as crisp a trigger, either... It's not a bad release for the money, though... I now shoot a Carter Insatiable, and an Atention, and they've worked very well for me(they've got the same basic shape as the Hook - which works pretty well for my hand)... If you can get the Hook for a good price($35 to $40), and want to get your feet wet, without spending the $130 or so for a Carter, give it a shot - the experience won't hurt you any... I never had any trouble with the Hook, BTW - and the guy I sold mine to is still shooting it, and he hasn't had any trouble with it, either... Hope this helps...

- georgestrings

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Maybe I don't know the name for what I'm talking about, cause I thought it sold for just about the same as a Carter, over $100?
I'm shooting a Fits Me for targets now and I do like the feel of the crisp trigger, so would not want it if you can feel movement in the trigger. I thought the one I saw was $119, not cheap if it's not comparable to the Carter. I tried the BK hunter years ago it didn't seem to fit my hand very well. It hooks up similar but the release is a little larger than the one I saw and doesn't seem to have as much adjustability for trigger position ( I have small hands). Thanks

·
Registered
37 Posts
Xhunter I have a Stacy Hook, Four play, and a Two play. They are all great releases. I agree with georgestrings the Carter seems to be more crisp, not as much trigger travel, but it's still a nice release. Unless Stacy raised his prices you shouldn't have to pay over $100.00 to get one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts