Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Braden, Jamie, Diane Johnston, Brady, Vic, Jake Kaminski, Tyle Domenech, Megan Carter, Heather Koehl and Kristen Braun.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
As of the 15th this is the list of participants at stage 2, anyone know why no shooters from the states?

http://www.archery.org/UserFiles/Document/World Cup/2009_Events/02_Porec/09_Porec_participants.pdf
Seems I recall an interview with Reo at the 1st stating why he would not be at Stage 2. He had another large U.S. tournament to attend. That would be Redding May 1st thru 3rd. That wouldn't leave a whole lot of time for travel let alone luggage delays with Stage 2 starting the 4th.

Timppa
Your list is updated 26.3.2009.

Preliminary entries:
Code Country RM RW CM CW OFC Total Preliminary
USA USA 3 3 3 3 - 12
Page 2 final entries; USA 0

·
Registered
716 Posts
They other problem that some of the us pros have is they have to work for a living. I know that is the case with Reo and Logan. They can not afford to take the time off. If the us would pay pros to attend shoots like other countries for example Australia you might see more participation from out guys. We also have a lot of national tournaments that go on.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They other problem that some of the us pros have is they have to work for a living. I know that is the case with Reo and Logan. They can not afford to take the time off. If the us would pay pros to attend shoots like other countries for example Australia you might see more participation from out guys. We also have a lot of national tournaments that go on.

I think with the "buying" power of everyone here on AT we could sponsor Reo and Logan to go clean up the competition internationally. If everyone would forgo that new "archery gaget" and dumped that into an AT sponsorship fund we would have a ton of money to give to our shooters at home:wink:

·
Registered
232 Posts
U.s.

Add another compounder....... I will be there

·
Registered
9,194 Posts
WOW, Iranian team consists of 23 among which 16 competitors 4 per each category...

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
when the iranian competed here last october for the asian grand prix they had a van from a local middle eastern restaurant stationed on the shooting venue to provide them with iranian food all throughout the competition.....they did not like the budget accomodations provided by the organizers so they all transferred to a 5-star hotel which was about 1 hr away....the budget hotels were within 5 minutes from the event grounds......they dominated the men's compound....PS...IIRC their "technical" support was more than their archers....

·
Registered
9,194 Posts
nice...
when the iranian competed here last october for the asian grand prix they had a van from a local middle eastern restaurant stationed on the shooting venue to provide them with iranian food all throughout the competition.....they did not like the budget accomodations provided by the organizers so they all transferred to a 5-star hotel which was about 1 hr away....the budget hotels were within 5 minutes from the event grounds......they dominated the men's compound....PS...IIRC their "technical" support was more than their archers....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts