Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
I`m a glass/stalker for the most part. this year on opening day or two, I will be in a ground blind. my friend wants to make a video of my hunt. should be fun. his land and his idea. I have sat in areas I thought might produce deer at some point of the day. (water holes, funnels, bedding areas, feeding areas) usually that is in new ground that I haven`t hunted before. or when the weather is in favore of sitting. I have never hunted from a tree. or any other type of stand that is in the air perminent or portable. maybe someday..

·
74,535 Posts
stand

Just seems to work better for me. Kepts scent up in air.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I think it depends on the animal. Most of the time I think hunting a blind or stand is the best way to harvest a quality animal. Though I think glassing/stalking is more fun.

Personally, I like to call animals when ever possible. In AZ we get to hunt animals in the rut with a bow most of the time. So calling is a great way to hunt. Pretty much any animal can be called if done right and at the right time of the year. There is nothing more exciting.

If you want to have the best chance of shooting an animal I would suggest a stand or blind.

·
Registered
171 Posts
IN THE EARLY PART OF THE SEASON I LIKE TO STAND OR SIT... BUT IN MID OCTOBER I LIKE TO STALK FOR THOSE BIG BOYZ... IF AT ANY TIME I CAN SO DO SO.... GIVES YOU CONFIDENCE AND HELPS TO PATTERN THOSE DEER FOR LATTER ON IN THE SEASON.....

NEWBIN

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
For deer I like to stand hunt....For hogs I'll stand hunt about an hour then get them on the move. I can stalk a hog better than I can a deer. Its that sight thing ya know, but when I'm stalking and shoot a hog sometimes I have to find a place to climb

·
NRA Life Member
1,225 Posts
DEER HUNTING, IT'S TREESTAND FOR ME.FOR TURKEY AND ELK IS CALLING AND COVERING AS MUCH GROUND AS I CAN.:)

·
Registered
293 Posts
I like the Stand.

I like to stand hunt because it give the time that I need to see and chose the right animal. If I hog hunt from a stand I can take the right one. I don't have any thing wrong with stalking and I do it some times. I just prefer the stand, nothing like setting on my large backside and watching wildlife move and when one comes in my heart will pick me right up.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Down here in the thick woods of Georgia its kinda hard to stalk so i hunt out of a tree stand most of the time. Every now and then i will hunt out of a scent controled blind. There are some occasions that i can stalk though.

·
Registered
5,455 Posts
Ya I do. I spot and stalk birds and gophers in my yard and shoot em' with a Red Rider,LOL, No really I do! I prefer spot and stalk or still hunting. Early on though(for WT) I use a ground blind. Elk hunting= move...move....move, till ya drop...or they do! Happy Huntin'

1 - 13 of 13 Posts