Archery Talk Forum banner
  • Enter in this new Contest Sponsored by Walmart for your chance to win a $400 gift just in time for the 4th of July! HERE Contest Ends on the 30th.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First custom and man does it shoot! 58 inch stalker wolverine fxt. 47lb at 27. Cocobolo riser with claro walnut limbs. Yager grip with stippling. Gunna be a sweeeeeet saddle bow for the whitetail woods! Quite the upgrade from my samick sage!

·
Registered
538 Posts
Very nice! I have a Primal Tech on order and cant wait. I shot my Sage today and forgot how harsh it was! I have 2 other custom bows that have spoiled me.
That riser is gorgeous.

·
Corripe Cervisiam
22,519 Posts
A Beauty.

I’m having a riser built by South hopefully soon

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Some nice grain in that riser. Congratulations on that new bow!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The more I shoot it the more I see what the hype is all about! It draws soooo much smoother then my samick sage. The sage is 46-47 lbs at my draw length, this is 42-43 and it shoots a 500 grain arrow 163 fps average where the sage is 160 fps average. I know speed means nothing but it’s nice to shoot over the chrono to compare bows.

The sage is a fine bow but south’s quality is outta this world. Blew my mind that a bow with 4-5 lbs lighter draw could be smoother, faster, and less vibration.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts