Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
bow nut
4,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This release has been out for awhile hasn't it? I find so little feedback on it. I don't even see it on Stans website. I thought it looked good and was looking for a used one in the classifieds but never see them. A search turns up very little, what gives?

·
Registered
330 Posts
I just received mine today and they are a bit small. I have a Black Pearl (large hinge) that fits me perfectly so I ordered the large JustX. It's a bit too small and I'll be exchanging it for an extra large ASAP.

·
Registered
14,265 Posts
I just received mine today and they are a bit small. I have a Black Pearl (large hinge) that fits me perfectly so I ordered the large JustX. It's a bit too small and I'll be exchanging it for an extra large ASAP.
Did you have any problems with the head length?

How much shorter is the black pearl? Did your POI change between the 2?

·
Registered
4,334 Posts
I like it, its top quality as you would expect from Stan. The handle itself is identical to my Stan hinge. BUT the extra short head length on the Just X changes my anchor point a bit which changes my POI. So ive gone back to my shootoff and I use the Just X as my backup. If they extended the head of the release so it was identical in size to my hinge I would use it as my primary.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I haven't had a chance to use it, as Lancasters won't exchange it if it's used. With the holidays coming up, it'll be a couple weeks before I get the XL.

As for the length, the Black Pearl is about 5/8" longer.

·
Registered
14,265 Posts
I like it, its top quality as you would expect from Stan. The handle itself is identical to my Stan hinge. BUT the extra short head length on the Just X changes my anchor point a bit which changes my POI. So ive gone back to my shootoff and I use the Just X as my backup. If they extended the head of the release so it was identical in size to my hinge I would use it as my primary.
Eek...that stinks...

·
Registered
14,265 Posts
I haven't had a chance to use it, as Lancasters won't exchange it if it's used. With the holidays coming up, it'll be a couple weeks before I get the XL.

As for the length, the Black Pearl is about 5/8" longer.
5/8"? Dayum...that is really short...

·
Registered
4,334 Posts
Eek...that stinks...
Yeah it does, I was hoping from the pictures that would be close to identical. But after recieving it a while back the head is extremely short, maybe even shorter than the Carter Simple

·
Registered
6,191 Posts
Hi all.
The Just "X" handle has the same shape as the More "X". It is also the same size in that a Large will be the same as a Large.
The Just "X" internals make the release feel smaller because of the "feedback" on your hand and the separation between your index finger and middle finger. The shorter head also creates a situation where the string and loop are closer to the shooters hand, so on longer ATA bows there may be more chance that the shooter may have interference due to the design. This also contributes to making the shooter feel like their hand is cramped. All of this generally goes away when the Just "X" is used with a shorter ATA bow.
The Just X will not maintain same POI as any of the other releases.
The Just "X" series is designed for shorter ATA bows, shorter draw lengths, and has 4 sizes to fit a broader range of archers. It is an outstanding Hunting,3D, and short draw release and is BEST suited to the current short ATA bows. Most archers will not prefer it with longer bows unless they have a very long draw length.
Feel free to PM me or call the office and ask questions, we will do our best to put you in the right release.
Blake

·
Registered
444 Posts
I got to play with one today. Super impressive, very comfortable and shoot with ease. I would have to give it the edge over my shootoff

1 - 15 of 15 Posts