Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the guy's who wanted a longer neck on it, there wish is now true.

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
Nice, now if they can only reverse the hook

:wink:

·
Registered
5,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice, now if they can only reverse the hook

:wink:
I got used to it now, but I agree when I first got them I thought the same.

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
Stan Perfex is now offered in a long neck version.
I looked at the Perfex and the first thing I thought was the neck was too short, same with the carter Ember and the Tru fire hammer throw. I found it awkward to load on the D loop. The ferect length of neck is on the Truball blade pro and the No limits ringer. The perfect, hook thumb trigger would be a Truball Blade with the hook facing the trigger

The longer neck is a great option, Glad they listened to their customers.

·
Registered
133 Posts
The spring loaded "string keeper" on the thumb model makes it much more ideal for hunting for me as well. Treestand hunting... clip it on and let it hang. Spot and stalk... quick loading like an open hook. I switch back and forth between a resistance release for targets and thumb trigger for hunting, and really wanted to like the perfex and perfex r. They felt great in my hand, but with the short neck on the resistance, I had multiple occasions where I accidentally partially reset the jaw while loading an arrow and ended up sending the arrow about 6 feet down range as soon as I started to draw. Since 90% of my hunting is from a treestand, I wasn't a fan of the open jaw on the perfex thumb. These seem like they will solve both of those issues for me.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
I shot with a JustX all of 2016 and almost half of 2017. It was my favorite Stan release. My mistake with the JustX was I had an SX3 in medium and didn't realize when I got the JustX they ran a size small and the JustX medium was a bit small.

Got a large Perfex yesterday and love it.

One thing I've noticed - and not sure if this is the hook direction or what - I've been shooting a Trufire Hardcore Revolution 4 finger the last 6 months so no dloop twist - I'm putting 4 or 5 arrows almost in the same hole grouping nice but the arrows are about 4" right of aim now at 20 yds. As I drop back to 40, awesome group but they drift right about 8".

I wouldn't think it's just a sight adjustment because they drift farther as I go back, so I'm thinking the rest needs to go left (RH bow) until the arrows are in line vertically and THEN adjust the sight to bull. Am I on the right track?

I have a much better anchor with the Perfex with a more 45* angle on release hand as opposed to flat against my face with the TF. I'm guessing the anchor along with a more relaxed hand has changed POI.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Nevermind, just re-walk back tuned @ 3, 20, 30 & 40 yds and got a perfect vertical line with two 1/32 moves to the left - 1/16 total. Little goes a long way.

·
She's baaaaack!!!!
20,539 Posts
I looked at the Perfex and the first thing I thought was the neck was too short, same with the carter Ember and the Tru fire hammer throw. I found it awkward to load on the D loop. The ferect length of neck is on the Truball blade pro and the No limits ringer. The perfect, hook thumb trigger would be a Truball Blade with the hook facing the trigger

The longer neck is a great option, Glad they listened to their customers.
The PerfeX was specifically designed for a shorter neck. I have a PerfeX and a pair of ShootOffs. I use the ShootOffs for spot and 3d competition and PerfeX for hunting.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
I love the short neck on the PerfeX; doesn't mess with my anchor point. I guess I could shorten my draw length on my bow but that would hurt my speed. To each his own.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I wonder if we can get the sting holder on last years model? I would love that.

·
Registered
4,703 Posts
Best release ive owned ! And i have about every button release Stan has made...
The finger beds seem to run on the small side. I normally shoot a Med , but with the PerfeX a large would be better...

·
Registered
289 Posts
Smart move. I figured this was coming. I love my perfex thumb and resistance with the short neck, but this takes care of everyone that wanted a long neck version.

I wonder if they will do Perfex Hinge at some point?

·
Registered
967 Posts
I can only hope the neck-lenght doesn`t exceeds the neck of the Just X. I actualy hope it`s only a hair shorter. I have to say that the lack of a string keeper on the first edition kept me away from buying. Now there`s only one thing that I would like to see and that`s an option for the "variable finger sweep". I really would like it shaped as on the Shoot Off ,Just X etc., where you can activate the releas with some pressure of the little finger. If not so, I think that I wil order the 4- finger and shape this "finger sweep" by myself.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
I love my Perfex, I bought the Cabelas Instinct Dynasty release and the Frenzy. All 3 impact the same, I did remove the factory tension spring on the Frenzy and made my own so it feels as heavy as my Perfex and Dynasty. All 3 great releases. Excited to test out new Perfex with the longer head. Just wish they did string keeper on the short neck too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 24 Posts