Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I watched NAW this morning, and I think Stan Potts is one of the best guys out there on TV. He seems to be a genuinely nice guy, who isn't afraid to show that he his real. This week, he was hunting with his son behind the camera, and got teary eyed after shooting a buck and the emotions of sharing it with his son.

I don't know how anyone can not like his personality, and there is no doubt that he is one heck of a bowhunter.

I recently read an article from one of last year's issues about Stan getting out of his treestand and army-crawling out into a field to get a shot on a beautiful buck holed up with a hot doe. He took a chance, because he knew the buck would never leave the doe for a shot out of his treestand. Unbeknownst to him, another bowhunter watched the entire ordeal from another treestand, thinking that this guy out crawling in the field was an absolute idiot. But the chance Stan took paid off big-time as he was able to arrow the buck. The point made was that sometimes one needs to get out of one's own comfort zone; take a chance on a seemingly impossible situation, in order for one to take a "trophy".

I was disappointed that Pat Reeves was asked to leave the show, but I really enjoy Miller and Potts, they seem to be very good friends.

My hats off to Stan, he's a genuine good man, and he's not afraid to show emotion. I appreciate that, because he shows the same emotions that I feel when it comes to hunting these amazing animals with people that I truly cherish, most importantly my own son.

Kudos to Stan Potts.:thumbs_up

·
Registered
28,624 Posts
I agree how could you not like Stan

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Dairyvet,

Great post and I agree with you!

Dave

·
Banned
10,353 Posts
Stan is the man, he's as real as it gets and I wouldn't mind sharing camp with him, especially if it's on one of his pieces of land in Illinois lol :D

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
dairyvet said:
I don't know how anyone can not like his personality, and there is no doubt that he is one heck of a bowhunter.
I definitely did not care for the guy at first, but he grew on me. I agree that his exuberance is genuine.

·
Registered
438 Posts
One of my favorites! He loves the sport as much as anyone.

·
Registered
8,134 Posts
Watching him hunt makes me want to get in a tree right THEN! I don't think you can fake that kind of excitement. Truly fun to watch.

·
Banned
42 Posts
Stanny Boy

:wacko: Which camera ya looking at Stan? LOL. Sorry but i had to. I'm just joking around, heck i have what looks like a mouth full of chainsaw teeth mixed with corn, so i'm no daisy. Stans a joy to watch.

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
I love watching stan. and all the other guys with hunters specialties for that matter.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Solocam8 said:
I like watching his lazy eye the most.:tongue:

:ROFLMAO: Hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
10,513 Posts
I'm sure he's a nice guy and all...but he gets on my nerves something awful. I have to watch his hunts with the volume muted.

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
He is my favorite...love watching him hunt. The reason he kills so many deer is that with his eyes he can see deer in two different directions at once! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
Didn`t know Pat Reeves was asked to leave the show. Was it because of that giant typical he shot last season?:wink: I met Stan Potts and Greg Miller at the Mathews Pro Staff Invitational, both of those guys are the real deal and I would hunt with them anytime.

·
Registered
4,070 Posts
He is my favorite too. In PrimeTime 6 or 7 he just gets AMPED after one of his kills. "He's a G I A N T !! Big, B L AAAAA D E D tines. Gimme a second !!"

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Got to agree with all you guys, Stan is awesome. In one of the NAW shows they showed his house and some of his mounts and he has shot some monsters. Without a doubt I think he is one of the best bow hunters around.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts