Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody use a stan thumb trigger for hunting? Can you leave it clipped in the loop? Will switching from a scott caliper to a handheld change my drawlength?

Thanks,

Houston

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
I use a Stan Shootoff 3 finger for hunting. I took the lanyard off my gps and put it through the hole on the Stan's locking mechanism. I just keep it tucked in my jacket. I can't say that it will change drawlenth, only anchor. I love it and it's the only way that I'll hunt. Thanks, Dave Henderson

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
I also use a Stan. The SX2 is what I use. I just clip it to the bow string and hang the bow and its always ready. It wont effect your draw length but it will change your anchor point. Just like it was said in the above post. Great releases I also shoot the ShootOff for 3D and indoors.

·
Registered
12,053 Posts
I used my Shootoff three finger large this year for hunting. Clip it on the loop before shooting hours start and leave it on until it's time to quit. I like the Stan better than the Carter Chocolate Addiction that I had been using. Not necessarily a better release, just more comfortable in my hand.

You might need to tweak your draw length a little because the two types of releases feel and anchor so differently.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
well in theory you can use any release for hunting or target as long as you the shooter is comfortable using it. As one release may work great for me and suck for you. And as for draw length, no it doesn't change dl. Just your anchor point.

·
Owner WR Custom Bowstring
1,057 Posts
I used the orignial 3 finger Super X this year for hunting! Like everyone said just clip it on and let it hang.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts