Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do the Stan Shootoff release aids cock the same way as say a Carter Choc Addiction. As in you push the trigger and the jaw closes or do you have close the jaw manually?

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
Nope. After you cock the lever you must close the jaw manually.
The Chocolates are the only ones I know of that close the jaws and cock the mechanism at the same time.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I was going to buy used…
I am currently shooting a Carter Target 3+
I have never shot a Stan Shootoff
I wonder if the thumb trigger placement would be so different from my Carter that it would feel really weird ???
I like the idea of the trigger tension adjustment where you want it.
And I keep hearing that the shoot offs are amazing releases, I am primarily just a backyard target shooter, and Deer Hunter, but I love to tinker, and I have Mercedes tastes with a Chevrolet budget

·
Registered
284 Posts
I'm thinking a large would be the best way to go, even though I have average medium-size man's hands.
I want something that's going to work well with gloves on during deer season.
What do you guys think ????

·
I am nobody.........
8,659 Posts
I think a large would work for you, especially since you plan on hunting with it.

One of the best features on the Stan releases is all of the adjustments available on the thumb barrel. You can probably get it setup pretty close to how your Carter is setup.

·
She's baaaaack!!!!
20,539 Posts
I'm thinking a large would be the best way to go, even though I have average medium-size man's hands.
I want something that's going to work well with gloves on during deer season.
What do you guys think ????
It seems to me that the Stan releases are a bit smaller than Carters. If you will be shooting it with gloves definitely go with the Large.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I just bought a stan shootoff trio. I don't have large hands and the large fit me better. I didn't have to shorten my draw length of move my peep sight. It does feel more natural than a wrist strap.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts