Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at getting a sx3 or shoot off what are your opinions of the two. Am currently shooting a carter too simple what are the differences between the 3 and what size do you recommend don’t have large hands generally wear a medium glove

·
Registered
8,611 Posts
Get the sx3 in medium.

·
Back Yard Champion
28,949 Posts
Both great releases. I have the Shootoff. Both have great adjustability for both trigger and thumb position.

·
Hunter of many things
12,121 Posts
They a re similar but different. haha

I wear a large glove and I had a large in both. I liked the SX3 better however.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
What is the difference between the SX3 and the Shootoff? Is the trigger mechanism different, or just the design of the handle?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
413 Posts
I have the sx3 and love it. I believe the shootoff and sx3 have the same trigger mechanisms, The grips are just different. To me the sx3 has a straight finger grip and it feels slim in your hand and the shootoff is more staggered and bulky.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Go to the Stan website and use the Compare Handle feature. You can also download PDF files that have to scale drawings of each release in each size.

·
Registered
23,259 Posts
Before I bought an SX3, I briefly tried a Shootoff and did not like the feel of it in my hand. Possibly due to the fact that I had been shooting a Scott Exxus for well over a year and the SX3 design felt very similar. Nothing wrong with either design, but it is a "feel" thing that the individual shooter figures out. I wear a Lg/Xl glove and the SX3 large fits me well.

·
'13 KTM 450 SX FE
2,263 Posts
I have never shot the Shootoff but own a SX-3 and love it. I have big hands so I opted for the large.

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
Ive shot both the shootoff has a little swept back to it which i dont like...my sx3 has a straight back which helps on the draw little more leverage

·
Lift, Run, Shoot
13,349 Posts
Love my Shootoffs (have 3). I like the heavy metal (brass) version the best by a longshot - just feel. Mechanisms are same - it's just a matter of which handle shape you like better. On size they run a little small - I use a large and wouldn't want anything smaller but I do wear size large gloves.

·
Premium Member
242 Posts
I've got an SX3, 4 finger, and just bought a Shootoff, 3 finger, both in large. Haven't shot the Shootoff yet but I love the SX3.

FWIW, I wear an XL glove and both releases are large. Both fit my hand well.

·
She's baaaaack!!!!
20,524 Posts
The Shootoff and SX3 have the same guts while the handles are a bit different. The Stans are a bit smaller than Carter's. I don't have big hands and the medium size can be snug. My ShootOffs are mediums but I have shot large sx3s and PerfeX releases with no issues.

If your pointer finger middle knuckle is not slim-medium get a large. The length of your fingers are less important.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
120 Posts
The Shootoff fits me perfectly in medium. I would generally go by your glove size. Both are similar in function exceptional quality, and super crisp! I say shoot the one that feels the best in your hand. That's my 2cents.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have the SX3 in large. My glove size is large and the release fits me like a glove.I installed a large thumb barrel and was able to set up the firing to a fine crisp. My scores are improving as I practise with it. The best release I have owned.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I have a large sx3. My hands are not very large, but it fits great. The Sx3 and shootoff are the same except the shootoff is swept back and the sx3 is strait. I think the too simple is strait like the sx3 (I could be wrong though). I put the larger thumb knob from ex-okie on mine and love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
158 Posts
I have both but I prefer the SX3 just like the straighter handle myself. They are the same other than the handle. I wear med. gloves and the med. fits great. You might want to look at the new Perfex long neck, you can adjust it to your liking but it is a little pricey and it runs on the small size. Whichever you decide on you won't be disappointed, Stan's thumbs are the best in my opinion.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts