Archery Talk Forum banner

Stan release

481 7
is this a good release for target shooting? good and bad points?
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
12,196 Posts
Stan releases are great for target shooting, provided that you are dedicated to shooting them correctly (i.e., with back tension).

· Registered
6,665 Posts
All the new back-tension releases (regardless of compnay) are equally good when it comes to the mechanical aspects. The question is whether they fit your hand properly. For thumb releases, the Stan SX2 probably has the most adjustable thumb barrel, so you can make the release fit your hand not have your hand fit the release. Plus with the SX2, you can set the thumb pressure and thumb travel with an adjustment screw... no springs to change.

· Registered
708 Posts
You may want to look at a two finger model. YES: Every hand is different. You can always tuck your other two fingers in any position you want. They will feel right every time. The Whalens Hooker Releases allows this. They are fantastic. They are a index finger center pressure point release. No fighting inside pressure, thus allowing the release to fire much easier. The teeter totter example helps describe this. 100% Made in Cadillac, Michigan

· Vendor
3,999 Posts
I shot...

I had always used a Scoot Wrist Strap type release till this week. I was shooting with a prostaff shooter who told me to try his STAN SX2. WOW!!!! I shot better than ever. I have never grouped that well just because of no trigger punching/panic. I actually went to AT and bought a STAN SX2 that night. You will love it!

· Registered
1,040 Posts
Stan

All the new back-tension releases (regardless of compnay) are equally good when it comes to the mechanical aspects. The question is whether they fit your hand properly. For thumb releases, the Stan SX2 probably has the most adjustable thumb barrel, so you can make the release fit your hand not have your hand fit the release. Plus with the SX2, you can set the thumb pressure and thumb travel with an adjustment screw... no springs to change.

+1 :thumbs_up

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.