1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
300 or bust
13,140 Posts
Works awesome for me

·
Registered
8,729 Posts
Bought one this week. Excellent release and it's going turkey hunting with me this weekend.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
I have used mine for two years to hunt. The only thing is you have to choose whether you want to hang the release on the string or keep it in your pocket, and wait until you need it. If you Hang it on the string, you have to be careful not to bump the trigger, or you will be 25 ft up without a release. I have never had it happen, but it has certainly crossed my mind when moving around. I have had no problems with it, and i don't plan on using anything else for a while.

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
I've been using my Stan Shootoff's for hunting the past 3 or 4 years. Love them!

I actually have 3 Stan Shootoff's so I can have my primary release and a backup in each hunting pack.

·
A.K.A BuckChef
4,118 Posts
I have 2 and while I dont hunt with them I would do so in a second without hesitation!!

·
Registered
5,154 Posts
works well for me
as soon as I get situated in the tree, I nock and arrow and clip the release onto the string

·
Registered
8,729 Posts
works well for me
as soon as I get situated in the tree, I nock and arrow and clip the release onto the string
Nice buck!!

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
I use mine, and it works great. As soon as I get in my tree, I attach it and dont touch it till a grab my bow.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for all the info guys .I have been shooting a friends and like everything about was just curious about hunting with it.Also does anyone know were to get the best price for one online.

·
Registered
891 Posts
stans are hard to beat!
Completely agree

I thought my Carter Target 4 was the best release for me... until I shot a Stan Shootoff 4! Wouldnt hesitate to hunt with it

·
Lift, Run, Shoot
13,523 Posts
Best release on market and the only one I'd use for hunting.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
20130326_143616[1].jpg
Works great for me. I carry it in my handwarmer pouch.

·
Registered
34,166 Posts
The Shoot Off has been in my hunting pack for the past two years....it's more of a backup but it gets main trigger duty a good bit.

My main hunting release is the same one I shoot all year long...a Scott Mini Blackhole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
VXR 31.5 TRX 40 Hamskea Axcel Bee stinger Doinker
2,927 Posts
I just picked one up for target shooting and now plan on getting the black out for hunting. I think its the best release I have ever used.

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
Bought mine off ebay for $125. I see them go for that here on AT sometimes. I do recommend getting a large if you're going to cold weather hunt with gloves. I got a medium and I can only ware a thin glove, which is all I use anyway as i keep my hands in my pockets till it's time to grab the bow. The medium is a little snug with my Armortech liner gloves. I may go ahead and buy another one for hunting in a large.

·
Lift, Run, Shoot
13,523 Posts
Bought mine off ebay for $125. I see them go for that here on AT sometimes. I do recommend getting a large if you're going to cold weather hunt with gloves. I got a medium and I can only ware a thin glove, which is all I use anyway as i keep my hands in my pockets till it's time to grab the bow. The medium is a little snug with my Armortech liner gloves. I may go ahead and buy another one for hunting in a large.
Most people should get large. The medium is not quite big enough unless you have really small hands.

Do you shoot 4 finger or 3? I've got a 4 finger in beautiful condition I'm about to sell. I also have a 3 finger and have decided I like the 3 finger better so I think I'm going to sell the 4 finger and buy another 3 finger so I have a backup.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts