Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Stan Xtinction release I have been using since last year. For the hunting season, I switched and put a strap from my TruFire hardcore release because it is quieter. I do like the standard Xtinction strap better, so this spring I switched the straps back and I have been using it that way. But the problem still exists, it is squeaky and loud, no good for drawing on a whitetail. Now, I have not tried lubing it up or conditioning it yet, but I would like to know if anyone has tried anything that has worked, or used another strap that is comfortable, and works better than the stock Stan Xtinction strap.

·
Back Yard Champion
29,713 Posts
So what's squeaking?

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its the tabs where the metal ring attaches to the strap. I was messing with it this morning and finally put some leather Dr. Martins conditioner I had laying around on it. It did seem to help, so I will keep doing that.

But I am also interested in seeing what other straps people have used for this release.

·
Back Yard Champion
29,713 Posts
Saddle soap may help more. Yep, for saddles - like in horses.....works on anything leather.

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
I put some string snot where the metal rings contact the wrist strap loops. I had to do more than one application, but now it's as quiet as can be. I'm thinking that Vasoline or any other lubricant would do the same thing.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Curious to see if you solved this problem. I have the exact same release with the exact same problem. After reading this I went downstairs and put some xbow wax all over those tabs and it seems to have fixed the problem for now...

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Curious to see if you solved this problem. I have the exact same release with the exact same problem. After reading this I went downstairs and put some xbow wax all over those tabs and it seems to have fixed the problem for now...
Yes, I did solve this problem. I used the same leather conditioner I use for my boots. Worked perfect, quiet as a mouse. Probably a good idea to condition the leather anyway. Focused behind where the tabs are sewn to the strap.

·
Mark
5,691 Posts
They changed to a different strap on the Xtintion 2 model, maybe that’s why. Have have 2 no noise.

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They changed to a different strap on the Xtintion 2 model, maybe that’s why. Have have 2 no noise.
What's different about the strap on the Xtinction2? I have a small nick in one of the leather loops on my Xtinction1 so I was going to get a new strap for it, but if the new strap is different, that in addition to the reshaped hook might be reason enough to just get a new Xtinction2.

·
Mark
5,691 Posts
What's different about the strap on the Xtinction2? I have a small nick in one of the leather loops on my Xtinction1 so I was going to get a new strap for it, but if the new strap is different, that in addition to the reshaped hook might be reason enough to just get a new Xtinction2.
They switched to a Scott brand strap.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts