Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are you required to stand on both feet at the stakes....are you allowed to shoot off ur knees or in sitting position as lond as you ar touching or straddleing the appropriate stake...there are times when weather conditions (wind mostly) and footing issues are a problem and just wondering if its legal to kneel or sit to give you a more solid position..

·
Socket Man
24,249 Posts
At a asa the footing may be uneven but there will be a straight shot to the target, you will not need to shoot from your knees. You need to be very close to the stake or straddle it but it isn't that big of a deal. Most of the time the dirt is cleared right next to the stake and has the best footing and you will be slightly touching the stake. At local shoots if you go to one that is put on by hunters you may be in a blind or have to get on your knees but most shoots you don't have to.

·
Registered
4,263 Posts
I'm pretty sure that the rule just says straddle or touching, I don't see any reason why you couldn't sit or shoot from your knees.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I didn't think so either least did not see anything that says you can't...I have been shooting for bout 3 yrs and have shot many club shoots where footing and wind was an issue and have shot from knees, sitting ,blinds etc.....Yes most of the stakes are good at the ASA shoots have have been too but there is the occasional one that is not the best ....but I think the wind issue may be the main reason for getting down... was just curious cause i have never seen anyone attempt it at ASA shoot

1 - 4 of 4 Posts