Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
I like my feet to be at 20ft so my bow is about 25ft up.

·
Making it REIGN
3,794 Posts
love being up high. 25 at the lowest and 30 at the highest.

·
Registered
136 Posts
High as I can in a given spot. Prefer 20 - 30' but sometimes 10 - 15'. I have spots where I could go 60' or so but 20 yd shots feel almost straight down that high up and that's not my preference.

·
Registered
913 Posts
It depends on the location and cover. Most of my stands are 22' to 24' but I have one that is a little over 30', I don't usually go that high but was the only decent spot for me to get a stand in.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
18-25' depending on cover

Seems like I remember Skeet saying he climbs until his nose starts bleeding, and then comes back down two feet.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm bout 20 feet. I've been told that if you go much higher than that it can throw your shot off... How true is this???

·
Airborne Archery
9,089 Posts
If wide open area I go 30 feet and like that height. If in a cluster of other trees with great cover the 15-20 works fine.

·
Registered
519 Posts
I cut my pull ropes to 16 feet. I climb until I pull my the top of my bow 1 ft up off the ground. Seat height roughly at 17-18 feet. I have had 6 deer walk under me and shot 1 of them, in 3 sits so far in light timber.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I am usually at 20' unless available cover is lower. I try to stay the same height so my sight picture is always the same. Hard to do on hillsides though.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
50 to 60 feet...or wherever the best available cover is, could be 8 foot, could be 20. Also depends on the stand I am in. Over 20 feels dicey in a LW Assault on a windy day. Not so much in a bigger stand.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Depending on area I'm either 15' up to 30' I love to hunt out of hemlock trees in Michigan...most of those stands are less than 20'. You can hide really well in those trees.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts