Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently found a picture of the place I hunt, im having trouble hunting this place, I tried to name everything on the pic. I was wondering what would be a good place for a stand. Theres a lot of deer trails everywhere! Its confusing me!
Help!

·
Registered
5,657 Posts
re

I know where I wouls go, if I had the choice. Early season I would put a stand in one of the pine trees surounding the apple trees. If there are trails all over, find where a few intersect, and if there is a pine tree there or any other tree w/ descent cover, throw it in there. Just my 2 cents. Early in the season before the rut, I hunt apples or acorns, but my best hunting spots are in the apples. Good luck, and let us know what you decide.
P.S. If you have a game camera, put it in the apple area and see whta happens.

·
Registered
786 Posts
I agree with Hobbs...If there are apples there, there will be deer. If there aren't any apples there, you may want to put some out.

·
74,535 Posts
Good looking area

Harwoods looks like bedding area for sure. Spot game trails and funnels placing a stand in there.

I like that pine and apple tree area. I think deer will be hugging that tree line heading to soybean fields. Pine trees can help cover your scent but hard to shoot 360 degrees. Usaully shooting one direction.

I have always liked hunting the hardwoods in the morning and being between bedding and food source.

I hunt the egdes in the evening hunts and lt the deer come to the fields. Maybe just inside the edge. I would say that point on that pine tree area looking into the open field and the small break in timber. Then you just might spot another entrance where the deer are coming and going. Make the adjustment. Use the wind.

Of course you could just invite me to hunt and Ill come find just the right spot. LOL :tongue: I see a good buck in your future with those kinds of crops for sure. Good Luck.
DB

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info! Ill keep you guys updated.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts