Archery Talk Forum banner

Stand Question

321 Views 1 Reply 2 Participants Last post by  Buckbadger
I currently have my stand in a funnell leading to a soybean field very large soybean field, I've got some of the bucks on the trail cam but haven't got the big boy on camera yet....should i just wait it out and hope he eventually hits the funnel or look for acorns or trails from bedding area to bean field? Just wanted to know what you guys think
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
4,324 Posts
I currently have my stand in a funnell leading to a soybean field very large soybean field, I've got some of the bucks on the trail cam but haven't got the big boy on camera yet....should i just wait it out and hope he eventually hits the funnel or look for acorns or trails from bedding area to bean field? Just wanted to know what you guys think

When you say " just wait it out and hope he eventually hits the funnel' are you talking, hunting this stand all the time?

If so, worse thing you can do for a mature buck. If you want any chance at that stand, don't over hunt it, and only hunt it when the wind is right. As to not burn the stand out on him, try other spots also, where wind conditions are favorable, and keep the element of surprise on your side, don't let him pattern you at night, when your not there by over hunting stands.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.