Votes: 23 46.9%
  • Beans

Votes: 26 53.1%
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
aim small...miss small...
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I may have an opportunity to get a short hunt in this afternoon for one last chance at filling my tag before gun season hits. From reports i'm hearing it sounds like most deer are on their winter feeding pattern now. I know of one spot that has a little corn left standing, and another spot that has a field of beans still standing. Both spots will be new to me, which one do you think the deer will more likely hit this time of year?

·
pro deer watcher
2,336 Posts
Quick scout both if possible

·
Yeah I'd shot that one...
1,758 Posts
Deer like beans in colder weather around here but I have never seen a deer say no to corn. I would go to corn if it me and it were here.

CG

·
Registered
123 Posts
I'm no expert but through the years of me hunting and reading magazines watching TV hearing other guys hunting stories corn is the way to go! Because they can still" hide "in the corn as they would in the woods beans later in the season when they need high-protein just my opinion

·
Team Overkill
6,628 Posts
They love the beans green, hate them yellow and love them again when they are brown. I would be hunting the beans. However, as others have stated they don't say no to corn either.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Deliberately hunting over corn or beans to increase your chances is called cheating...AND IM ALL FOR IT...lol !
Be careful posting this kind of stuff on here because if you find success there are many guys around here that will get mad/jealous and call the cops on you instead of being happy for you...just sayin!

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
I have bean and corn plots standing and they have been hammering the beans for the past two weeks and there isnt much left of the beans...corn plots have been touched but not anywhere near how the beans have been hit.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts