Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
2,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody else place their carabiner set up higher above you so you can kind of sit into your harness like a saddle? Don't sit too long on stand,and prefer this as takes pressure off the legs as opposed to standing stiff all day or sitting like that guy that keeps missing his bus...can still sit if I want but good to have options I guess. Wondering hoew long you think you stand vs. sitting while you're treetop?

· Registered
1,999 Posts
i also sit about 90% of the time.

i would use my harness as a "saddle" for sleeping but it seems everytime i doze off and start to do the "nod" thing, my body does the same thing it did in high school...jolt me awake! fortunatly for me ive only got trees to be embarrased infront of...LOL

· Registered
184 Posts
My harness, and I imagine most other ones, has the accordion-stitched tree tether so that if you fall it reduces the jolt. I figured that if you lean on the harness that stitching might break. Do you guys that lean on your harness, do your harnesses have that type of tether?

· Registered
20,621 Posts
I stand probably 80-85% of the time.

And yes, my harness has one of those sewed breakaway tethers. You can lean into that sucker for all you are worth, and it ain`t gonna let go unless you jump off the stand.:wink:

· Registered
2,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My harness, and I imagine most other ones, has the accordion-stitched tree tether so that if you fall it reduces the jolt. I figured that if you lean on the harness that stitching might break. Do you guys that lean on your harness, do your harnesses have that type of tether?
Yea I'm only 180lb and I don't think I'd be able to budge that strap...lil stand bungee jumping but those things are built to last!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.