Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m 57, and I just started shooting again after a 15-year hiatus due to an archery injury. Prior, I had been shooting and hunting for over two decades, even did some coaching.

I re-started with my hunting rig; PSE Primos, Trophy Ridge 5-pin sight and drop-away rest, and Doinker Stabilizer.
My intent is 3D and Field shooting. Hunting is improbable at this time, so I am switching everything except my bow to a target setup (no competition).

I am now looking for recommendations for a Target Site and Single Dot 4x Scope and staying under $300. Now I know that I am asking a lot, so if I could get a decent site with a non-powered lens, I can always upgrade the lenses later.
Plant Jeans Hat People in nature Branch

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
this is a facsimile of the old sure-loc sights. They are slower to adjust than other sights like the gear driven and slider sights. But its a full on target sight. You just put whatever scope you want on it that mounts with the standard 10/32 screw. You can even own multiple scopes and swap them for specific uses.

This scope comes with a lens, you can look through all the scopes available though quite a few. Some are as cheap as 40 bucks but you won't get a lens with them. You can also get one of the more name brand scopes for like 80 to 100 and then add a lens for about 80 to 100 later.

Here is one of the quick adjust gear sights will get you under 300. You will half to add a lens later if you want it though,

Heres is the Spot hogg Fast Eddie XL for 300. Another fast adjust. Not sure if you can get a lens ?

Many options, many sights. A lot of the most popular are going to run north of 300 though. Unless you buy used and find a good deal.

I like the sights on the quick disconnect bars because you can adjust the sight in and out to get the best alignment based on your peep size selection. You can change peep sizes and then just slide it in and out to match. You can also remove them when putting the bow in a case, and to just mess with the sight.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts