Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 137 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening all,

My father and I have decide to start an adventure together in the archery world, we are in the process of building a 27 acre indoor/outdoor archery range with G5 as our main line other lines we have secured are obsession, xpedition, and elite. Looking to pick up a few more later on such as Mathews, Hoyt ect. The range will incorporate 25-30 righnheart 3D targets in a heavily wooded area with cleared out lanes, elevated shooting towers, blind shooting, custom built 4x4 green targets set at 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80 and 90 yards, a multi lane indoor range with solid wall dividers to accommodate the pro shooter as well as the recreational at the same time, a camp ground for those who choose to camp have private access to the range before operational hours. We will also have custom build target to accommodate handicap and wounded warrior shooters.if anyone has any suggestions to help us or anything anyone would like to see at a range please add your comments

·
Registered
4,334 Posts
The facility sounds great, id drop the private shooting lane partitions though. I would also consider one of the big four in your line, your biggest sellers are hoyt, pse, mathews, and bowtech. Good luck, the archery biz is a lot of time and work for a low margin and we lose more and more money everyday from online sales.

·
Registered
453 Posts
The local indoor range (as well as a local indoor go-kart business) heavily relies on rentals to businesses and groups.

So they cater to corporate parties, corporate team building, etc. (I know of one indoor go-kart business that only caters to businesses because it isn't profitable for them to remain open and operating daily for so many hours just for individuals. They offer full catering services, and have a fully equipped conference room on-site for hosting presentations and meetings.)

By "group" I mean schools; not-for-profit entities; parks and recreation departments; etc. (I never go there when there's a school break because the place is packed.)

They got an archery club started at the local university. (They're still working on getting into middle schools.)

They also rely a lot on leagues.

They have certified instructors, and offer JOAD and AAP programs.

They offer one-on-one ($45/hour) and group instruction.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This will be around the dfw area in Texas I have the location I will update this after November 1 we are having trouble with another bow shop in the area that's heard the rumor mill and trying to go around setting contracts with companies they never even tried until now to make sure we do get operational

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
In addition we will have a vast array of guns, two pro shooters on staff several quality bow techs and two quality gun smiths and certified instructors for archery and chl classes. For recreation we brought in archery tag as well.
One suggestion, Open a branch in southern Ohio first to test the waters :p Seriously though, good luck!

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
This would be very costly up here to start up! hope you have deep pockets to get through the first years of business. Good luck with your venture, sounds like a paradise for the archer

·
Registered
7,265 Posts
This will be around the dfw area in Texas I have the location I will update this after November 1 we are having trouble with another bow shop in the area that's heard the rumor mill and trying to go around setting contracts with companies they never even tried until now to make sure we do get operational
Thanks. Wasn't trying to be nosey, just wondering how far of a drive for me.. I'm on the coast.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks. Wasn't trying to be nosey, just wondering how far of a drive for me.. I'm on the coast.
You are completely fine once everything is settled in November with all of our contracts with dealer I will blast it out there with location and production photos and updates

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
This would be very costly up here to start up! hope you have deep pockets to get through the first years of business. Good luck with your venture, sounds like a paradise for the archer
Yea very expensive start up we've already got the land and business loans for it inventory alone is going to be several hundred thousand

·
Registered
96 Posts
What is your plan to differentiate yourself from Cinnamon Creek Ranch? They are very good although they are on the Fort Worth side of DFW. www.cinnamoncreekranch.com

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yes my father is retired and has been working archery for the last 5 yrs as a bow tech/sales rep and was a competition shooter, myself just got out of the military back in dec however I'm back in school getting my business degree/ (equine management and production degree totally not related lol) so we both actually have a strong background and drive

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
We are taking the time and building custom archery stands out of steel verses wood so maintenance issues are eliminated We are building custom stands to recognize the needs of our wounded warriors and our handi able personel that sit lower to the ground that are wheel chair accessible we making sure our shooter have some form of shade with shaded around the facility and above the shooters we are offer the camp out over night so they have exclusive access to the range undisturbed by other before and after close or indoor range will have a dividing wall separating the pro shooters from the recreational shooters along with a long lounge are for the non shopper to sit comfortably down While the shoppers do there shopping and more can't give away all

1 - 20 of 137 Posts