Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my name is Sergio, and I apologize in advance if my question has been asked many times before: either way, I will appreciate any help, advice, or redirection to a different thread. I'm a Middle School teacher and coach, and many of my kids are dying to start an Archery Club. Lot of my students come from working families, some from broken homes, or with negative experiences. Many of their parents have full time jobs, and very often kids stay after school for hours simply waiting to be picked-up. Those kids crave to have an outlet to apply themselves, to better themselves, and to experience joy of camaraderie, teamwork, and success. I came from a school that had a phenomenal archery club, and after my students saw pictures, and heard stories, and learned about the sport, they cant stop thinking about having a club of their own. Unfortunately, my school's budget is stretched as it is, and there is no funding available for clubs like Archery. Which brings me to my question: what are my options? I know how expensive equipment is, especially enough of it to outfit a club, but I wasnt sure if there were charitable organizations, or companies that recycle old and used equipment and would be willing to donate. Worst case scenario, if I dont find a way this year, I figured if I set aside a $100 each month, next year I can buy some equipment on my own.
Again, I apologize if this is something that has been asked many times before, or if I'm posting in the wrong place. If thats the case, I would really appreciate you pointing me to the correct one. And if any of you happen to know any ways I can get donations, or sponsorship (even if its old and outdated) you would just make my day! Thank you in advance for your consideration, and feel free to contact me with any questions, or suggestions!

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
I would even contact other sources for donations ? I know budwieser beers has always been for the sport persons,mayhew bows ,maybe hoyt or the rest of the bow companies. nasp may help or show you a way to get some funds too ? maybe the oil companies? you have a great ideal hope it works out ! good luck,Pete53

·
Registered
565 Posts
Check out the NASP and OAS programs. Both of them offer grants etc. From my experience both are great, NASP is way bigger and more popular however, but OAS offers far superior instructional material.

Good luck!

·
Registered
402 Posts
Try the S3DA archery program. It is Taylor made for what you are doing and has grants I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
More information about the NASP = National Archery in the Schools Program
http://naspschools.org/
Each state has a NASP State Coordinator. for Texas it is Burnie Kessner. his phone is 979-862-7341 and email is [email protected]
Program is supported by the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department.

I don't know details about how Texas runs their program, but I've seen some of Mr Kessner's communications and he's a real charger.
I'm the NASP State Coordinator for Washington, and we provide each new school with about half the equipment they need to get a program started (and can provide advice / sources to get funding for some of the other half). School needs to agree to teach IN-SCHOOL, using STANDARD EQUIPMENT, and by CERTIFIED BASIC ARCHERY INSTRUCTOR. Once the in-school lessons are up and running, school is welcome to start after-school club or team practice also.
There is State level competition which leads to qualifications for National Championship which leads to World Championship.

Contact Burnie Kessner to get started!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts