Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay....later in the next few months I'm gonna have my archery range built up and completed now...tell me what ya'll think. This will be a business to fund my habit. Plus we're gonna have a 30 yard range set up for airguns to give the shorties something to do and learn on.

I'm Gonna have bag targets set up at 10-30 yards and have a carbon block for broadheads setup at 30. It is open 7 days a week mon-fri from 3 pm to dark for those who work. And all day saturday and sunday. I will have a 40 yard strip of woods with 2 or 3 unmarked 3-d targets set up. now the woods are only gonna be 25 feet wide but go back 40 yards. I'm also gonna have a few other suprises for the tree stand hunters. Now I might possibly put up light poles later on if enough people show interest in shooting at night when it's cooler.

Prices would range from 5 bucks for the range itself and 10 bucks to shoot 3-d's. These prices are prolly gonna be all day fees. 13 for shooting both

Now I want to sell a few other items as well from broadheads to stabilizers to releases...you know...misc. odds and ends.

And try and hold money shoots once a month and have weekly pots shoots.

What do ya'll think? It's not a huge Range but can accomodate about 10 people at one time all shooting and then whoever is on 3-d's.

Being that I live in and archery only county...do you think I might have some turnouts? I might try and build custom arrows as well for people and charge cost plust 15% for making them. I want to make some money doing what I love and since I don't have a large amount of funds...I figured this would be the best way.

For those who have seen this in the pse forums...you don't have to reply...But i want to hear the ideas and input of my peoples one how things should be built up and ran!

Thanks guys...and gals.

·
Registered
9,807 Posts
go for it

It's best to do some first hand research. This would include writing up a questionaire with all of the important points you need then scouting out the competition (shops with leagues) and determining if there are many active shooters in the area.

How well attended are the local 3-D shoots? Attend some events and ask everyone you can about your idea and pricing.

Think about creating adult training and JOAD programs and programs to bring in new shooters.

Sounds like fun. I hope you are very successful.

·
Registered
264 Posts
That's great but don't forget insurance.You will need it if you will be holding shoots.

There will be 1 problem.Most isurance carriers don't allow broadheads shoots.

Good luck and hope it works out for you.

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah...and neither will I on hte 3-d's but I understand people need a place to shoot and sight in there broadheads so I'll offer it. Now do you mean broadhead shooting period or just in tourney format. I'm thinking you mean broadheads period....i'm gonna have a release waiver that will have to be signed before use of the range is permitted with a witness being required.

·
Registered
264 Posts
That is what I mean but remember that a waiver will not help you if you are at fault.So be carefull and mindfull of all possibilities.

Just make sure you have all your liability covered.

We used to hold broadhead shoots but due to insurance constraints,we had to quit.

Hope you get it up and running the way you want but just get your insurance no matter what.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I can't remeber offhand what it cost.I havn't been involved with that end of things for a while.

Check with the major organizations like the NFAA or IBO or even the ASA and check out what they have available.These are the ones that most of the locals around here get there liability insurance from.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts