Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how many states require your bh to be a set length, I live in OK and was reading my reg book and seen that they are suppose to be 1 1/2" long from the end of the shaft, the only problem with this is I am shooting Slick Tricks and they are only 1" long from the end of the shaft, why do they need to be that long? I can understand that they need to be a certain width but not length.
can someone explain this one????????????

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
A length requirement:confused: WI simply requires a minimum width, 7/8".

·
Banned
1,743 Posts
I have seen a few states with length minimums.

Backwater state game agency's and their failure to stay awake long enough to investigate recent technology in the last 30 years is generally the reason for such laws.

But in this case the answer is that the ratio is in response to the inability for the head to make proper entry from light poundage bows.

These wedge heads generally speaking are not good out of low poundage bows and since the regs were first written nearly 40 years ago in some regions , they stand today as a benchmark.:wink:

·
In 'Da Head
24,266 Posts
OH just has a 3/4 inch width minimum with at least 2 blades.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
I think WV is 3/4"...not many broadheads smaller than that...

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
New Mexico makes it easy.......... There is no minimum length or width for a broadhead, but it must have steel cutting edges.

·
Registered
933 Posts
SB1Hunter said:
PA is something like the broadhead cant be any longer than 2inches or 2 and a half. and no smaller in dia. than 7/8
3 inches is the maximum length in Pa. Does anyone know why there would be a max length. I can see why we need them for width.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts