Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Archery Addict
3,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone puts in for this and gets selected, I can help (Master Maine Guide) for a fee of course, get setup, help locate etc or help someone find another reputable Maine Guide (free).

I believe Non residents do NOT need to purchase a license to enter the lottery, they do however, if selected, need to purchase one before they can hunt.

Most of the good moose areas are located in the northern areas of Maine with special emphasis in the North West.

Applications must be completed by 11:59 pm (ET) on May 14, 2010.

Moose Lottery drawing to be held at LL Bean, in Freeport, Maine, June 17, 2010.

Application page: http://www5.informe.org/online/moose/
FAQ Page: http://www5.informe.org/online/moose/faq/

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
I applied... doubt I'll draw though..

would like to hunt ME moose w/ bow...

I also applied for New Brunswick... drew there 2 years ago..

·
Archery Addict
3,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I applied... doubt I'll draw though..

would like to hunt ME moose w/ bow...

I also applied for New Brunswick... drew there 2 years ago..
Did you get one in New Brunswick?

I have never drawn myself in Maine, but, I have shot several from tribal land in the State. I have hopes of my son filling our Tribal household tag this year. He got his first bear at 13. He is 16 now and getting a Moose would make his year.

·
Registered
267 Posts
They are easy to get! I got one my second year applying... (when i was 11) haha! I've had a 13 year dry spell since though.

·
Registered
19,545 Posts
did not apply for Maine this year....but still might. i will be applying for Moose in VT though. better chance of drawing from what i have heard.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I enter every year.....hoping to someday draw for WMD #19.....I have 42 acres there and there's moose sign everywhere!

Here's a pic with a moose track, next to my wife's foot, taken 10ft behind my camper.......

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
Did you get one in New Brunswick?

I have never drawn myself in Maine, but, I have shot several from tribal land in the State. I have hopes of my son filling our Tribal household tag this year. He got his first bear at 13. He is 16 now and getting a Moose would make his year.
Yes... i took a nice bull. I used the rifle though due to the short 3 day season and lack of sighting during my 4 days scouting leading up to the opener.
Shot him 1st thing 2nd morning... great hunt... called him in like a giant turkey. Wish I had used my bow... shot him at about 20 yards...

·
Archery Addict
3,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
nice Bull...600 to 700 lbs???? I live close to zone 19

·
Archery Addict
3,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
wow, bigger then I would have guessed, but those Canadian moose tend to be more compact then our Maine Moose. Nice pictures...If i can find some pictures, I'll try to post them up.

·
Registered
267 Posts
very nice bull... that looks like the twin to the one I shot 14 years ago... mine weighed 960 but there might have been a couple bags of ice in him when he was weighed. nice big young bull... that's good eatin right there!

·
Archery Addict
3,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ttt,

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
What order would you advise for requesting districts? Advisable to list sub-permitees? What's the cost for a guide typically?

·
Archery Addict
3,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
northern Maine focusing on north Western Maine.

The guide will cost around 2k, This would include the permitee, sub permitee and alternate and a week hunt. This is an average price. You might be able to find it cheaper or more expensive if you shop around.

Yes list sub-permitees.

·
Archery Addict
3,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
little over a week left for the lottery!!

·
Registered
10,964 Posts
1 - 20 of 32 Posts