Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Back Yard Champion
32,028 Posts
I really don't know and I doubt any one else knows.. We have clubs that are members of one organization and members of multiple organizations. Two that I know of, one is a ASA and IBO member club and the other is a ASA and NFAA member club.
We have many clubs that aren't members of any organization.

The last I checked under the ASA; Texas is #1 for number of clubs and Illinois is #2. I'd have to check, but the total would be near 50 clubs for the two states....

·
Corripe Cervisiam
23,560 Posts
8 archery ranges within 60 miles of me here in Ca

·
Registered
4,232 Posts
Georgia used to have more ranges and shops. Now I'd have to find and join a private club to get a decent archery range. There are a few public ranges at WMAs, but most max at 40 yards. Now, I just go to my 40 range in my backyard. I usually buy everything archery related online. When I want to shoot out to 80, I take some targets to National Forest land.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
No idea, but I'll take a wild guess and say Pennsylvania.

1, it's a huge state 2, home of the first archery club in America to exist, 3, Lancaster Archery, 4, very rural state with tons of hunting areas and private farm land to hunt. 5., lots of wildlife to hunt, including deer, bear, elk, turkey, mountain lions, bobcats, coyotes, etc.

·
Registered
10,801 Posts
Hawaii for sure.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
No idea, but I'll take a wild guess and say Pennsylvania.

1, it's a huge state 2, home of the first archery club in America to exist, 3, Lancaster Archery, 4, very rural state with tons of hunting areas and private farm land to hunt. 5., lots of wildlife to hunt, including deer, bear, elk, turkey, mountain lions, bobcats, coyotes, etc.
Some rumors once in awhile about mountain lion sightings but no real evidence such as cell cam pics.

·
Registered
Isaiah 6:8
3,917 Posts
let me eliminate North Carolina and Tennessee, i'd love for some more to be in the area! there just doesn't seem to be a big enough following of archers local to me

·
The Impartial Archer
20,512 Posts
IMHO it would be states that are heavily populated where people have to go to them. I know we had one on every street corner in the 90's........but those days are gone.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts