Archery Talk Forum banner

Stealth Cam Question

502 4
I have a Stealth Cam I550. It takes great early morning, late evening and night pics. but, the daytime pics. come out too bright, some of which you can't make out the animals at all. I've tried all different directions (i.e. north, east, south, west) nothing seems to help. Would a visor over the camera help? Any suggestions?
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
4,418 Posts
it means that the flash is operating at all hours of the day, i think.
When the sun is up and it still flashes, it basically whites out the whole picture.

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it means that the flash is operating at all hours of the day, i think.
When the sun is up and it still flashes, it basically whites out the whole picture.
Called Stealth Cam customer support and they said the same. Gave me some tests to try and confirm this. If this is the case, they will gladly replace it within the first 90 days. I'm only on the first 25 :)

· Registered
61 Posts
I just bought the 4mp this week and have noticed a few white out pics...only me or a friend walking by the camera. I too called stealth. If its occuring at dawn or dusk then it isnt a problem per se with the camera. She said its due to it being light but not light enough to shut off the IR. If its happening at all hours or when its definately bright or definately dark then its a problem with the camera.

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I checked mine, as Stealth recommended, to see if the flash was going off all the time and causing the white out problem. It is not. The IR seems to be the issue. This being the case....I would not recommend this camera to anyone.

This white out issue is happening at "Prime Time" in the morning and evening when the deer are moving in my area hince, I'm missing a lot of good pictures. I will be returning mine and requesting a refund.:thumbs_do

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.