Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

· Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering what the best food or trick is to use to get dear in range of your trail camera. I just got one for Christmas and was wondering what I should use. Also if you have any pics to post lets get um done.

thanks

· Registered
3,190 Posts
I have the stealth cam and never had a problem. Probably 75% of my pictures are deer, sometimes you get a false shot, but rarely. I did have 3 ***** in the pic at one time which was enough mass/movement to trigger it. I usually just toss out a little corn about 10 yards in front of the camera, or just put it kinda parallel to a trail (if you put it right on the trail perpendicular to the trail, you will get a buncha close range nose or butt photos).

· Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Anyone else got any pics to post?

· Registered
468 Posts
awsoem pics, id say get a mineral lick or corn, i also here carrots work well and this late in the season if you have any left over pumpkins break one open on teh ground about 15 yrds in front of the camera, and you ll get some good pictures also that buck jam stuff from wally world works good pretty cheap to....

chase

· Registered
36,987 Posts
Hey Xkiller , what kinda film ya use , i got one of them for x-mas and was wondering , i got a roll of 400 is it good or not ?

· Registered
341 Posts
Stealth Cam MCD2 Model...I think. It's the higher end 35 mm camera that they sell.
Don't face the unit toward the sun (East or West) and put perpendicular to a game trail or green filed edge.

Good luck!

· Banned
108 Posts
As far as film, I've been using Kodak Gold 200 speed, never tried anything else. I also heard that Stealth Cams are junk, but I picked one up thinking if it sucked I would just take it back. Well no problems with that one so I got a second one and it works great too. One thing I did to get better pics was tape off about 1/2 inch of the sensor on each side with electrical tape to stop the nose and butt shots. Seems to help alot. I'll post a nose shot.

Attachments

· Registered
Bowtech baby!!
5,704 Posts
Hartley1998 said:
Anyone else got any pics to post?
Do a search, I've posted a bunch and others too.
I tried to attach but my connection is acting goofy

· Registered
753 Posts
Tips!!!

Face the cam up/down the trail, not parallel to it. (The trigger is slow and you might miss the deer!)

Also, you might get a lemon.....take it back and get another if you do. Most are good, but there are a few bad ones out there.

Also, make sure the film loads. When you put it in, the motor will slow way down and work hard....this is good. Also the front should say 0 (I think) E means it is empty.

Lastly, don't be surprized if it disappears....mine did. Think coonhunters got it, not sure how anyone else would have found it. :mad:

Attachments

· Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Trail mon pics

You can almost see the rack

Attachments

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.