Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as i posted in tad thread i used snuffer for manny years .but was asked to go to souther ohio on a deer hunt the nite before well actully hours before my brother wanted to leave and left my hunting arrows on the spin tester and had my pratice arrows in my quiver .and be the only store open at 3 am was mejers the only heads they had in was the stingers i tried them.and was very pleased with the results.but have heard that these new stell force head with the 3/4 lenght bleeder blades are supossed to fly straigthand penatrate very well.have any of you shot or heard anyone using these heads this year.but as you all no as with any weapon,being it a arrows or a gun hell even a rock it comesdown to shot placment.thanks.....hawk:D

·
Registered
12 Posts
steelforce

I recently used the steelforce titanium broadheads on a hunt here in Texas and hit the shoulder of a corsican ram. I hit where I aimed but I didn't take into account the slight difference in anatomy of a ram vs. deer. Anyway, the broadhead curled up on me and I got about 4 inches of penetration. I had to use a second shot. The ranch manager was looking at the broadhead and responded, that's why we don't use steelforce on our trad bows. Upon further inspection the shoulder was barely hit and it was more a glancing blow. I can't say for sure, but both the ranch manager and myself felt that if I was shooting a snuffer or a 2 blade that the curl up of the tip wouldn't have happened and therefore the arrow wouldn't have deflected so far and I probably would have caught the vitals. The second shot, however, was awesome. That broadhead really did the job well. I like the steelforce because they fly really straight. They hit exactly where my field points hit. Absolutely perfect. Fly good out of my friends compound. This was unfortunately a situation where an inch made the difference. It was my fault for not asking the ranch manager what the anatomy differences were. I've ordered some snuffers, 2 blade magnus, and some stingers and will do some testing. I feel the steelforce has too much unsupported tip to really be strong. They do fly straight and do alot of tissue damage. Just my 2 cents.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts