Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Deer and Elk season for bowhunters is over here in NM and with nothing on the agenda until January I've got some time to mess with stuff. Anybody use these broadheads? Looking for opinions on how they fly and what not. With tuning and form being what it should, how well have these broadheads done for you?

·
Registered
200 Posts
I shot the 125's with my Gold Tips and they started to walk past 25 yards. I then switched to 100 grain and they flew really good out to 40 yards. I just got some 100 grain Montec broadheads and they fly like darts out to 60 yards.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Hi q2,, i switched to the steel force hellfire titaniam 100 grain broadheads this summer,, there are a number of positives with this head. first there are no differences going from field points to the broadhead ,,they shoot in the same hole and i can group 5 too 6 inchs out to 60 yards with no trouble at all ,, that ive never been able to with any other head before,, my practice broadheads have about 200 shots on each head and they really dont show any serious wear yet.. the only other thing is ive not killed any thing with them yet, so the jury is still out about that.but friends have so im not at all worried about that, i think there a awesome head a little pricey,, but what in archery isnt good luck with your choice ,, Bob

1 - 3 of 3 Posts