Archery Talk Forum banner

Steelforce Traditional broadheads

2527 Views 8 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  Taskmaster86
Has anyone tried the screw ons yet? How secure is the blade, does it has any play in the ferrule? How do they spin? Thanks.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Premium Member
5,344 Posts
I had a pack (think I still have some of them stuck back somewhere) back when they first hit the market--don't remember if they were screw-in or glue-on (think they were glue-on). I didn't like them because the blade was secured to the ferrule with a roll-pin, which worked loose. If I ever used them, it wasn't on anything larger than a rabbit. Very sharp out of the package, but that's as far as I got with them. I figure the design has changed since--that was several years ago.

Chad

· Registered
790 Posts
I have the 125 screw in and 125 glue on..

I haven't shot a deer yet but I would use them, I did shoot a coyote at about 27yds with the glue on 2-blade , a hard quartering angle and the arrow broke two ribs went through the upper brisket and came out the left side of his neck I think defflecting off his spine.. broadhead was fine but with that being said I do use other brands instead for who knows why..

· Registered
188 Posts
I use Steelforce screw ins. on goldtip trad 3555 arrows and have dropped both deer and wild pigs with with. I have use them out of both my longbows and recurves and have NEVER had a problem with them, in fact that is all I use now.

· Registered
53 Posts
I have used steel force with satisfaction for a couple of years. However, more recently I weighed them. The weight varies quite a bit. I'm surprised. So I stopped using them.
I tried steel force traditional some time ago. The broadheads varied in weight, were not sharp and some of them had a bent shank. I was not impressed and would not buy them again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.