Archery Talk Forum banner

Stemmler Monarch Recurve XX45# IMO 64"- Any info on this bow thanks?

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Sal Polizzotto 
#1 ·
G'day from New Zealand,
I have this very nice - like new Stemmler Monarch and would like to know details of the age and shooting quality etc....Has serial No. 2430-0175

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Google info tells me L E? Stemmler made archery equipment from 1920's to late 80's. Apparently he got Fred Bear started.
Stemmler was not very good in their later days when it came to business promotion and ultimately bad corporate management brought them down.
I can't however find any info on this particular model bow which I presume to be 1980's.

#4 ·
G'day from New Zealand,
I have this very nice - like new Stemmler Monarch and would like to know details of the age and shooting quality etc....Has serial No. 2430-0175
I believe it was made in 1975, the first four numbers are the catalog numbers. And I'm not sure but I believe the 0175 means January 1975. I'm no expert, but I have a Stemmler saber cat # 2450 and 1172 it looks like it is slightly used . I've had it 20 years, and shot it for 13. I believe it is 50+ years old due to the old catalog photos.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.