Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Steve Irwin has died in Cairns, Australia today. It is a great loss and I wish to pass on my condolences and prayers for his young family.

I posted here due to him having a large following in the US as well and whether people liked him or not alot of his work was in the right direction.

·
Registered
36,982 Posts
What happened ? how did he die ???

·
In 'Da Head
24,266 Posts
Wow...I didn't know this until now.

SYDNEY -- World-renowned "crocodile hunter" and television environmentalist Steve Irwin has died following a stingray attack in northeastern Australia, local government sources said Monday.

Irwin, 44, known for his enthusiastic approach to even the deadliest of wildlife, was killed when a stingray barb punctured his chest during the filming and underwater documentary, the sources quoted by the Australian Associated Press said.

The larger-than-life Irwin, dubbed "The Crocodile Hunter" after the nature documentary series he hosted, was filming off the coast of Port Douglas in the state of Queensland when the accident took place.

·
Banned
10,353 Posts
Man, my condolences to his friends and family. He is definitely going to be missed.

Just think though, if there is a heaven for Dinosaurs and what not and he finds out about it, those poor animals aren't gonna know what hit them lol

·
Registered
36,982 Posts
that is sad news , he leaves behind a wife and 2 small children.

·
Registered
9,807 Posts
oh crickety

Man that is so sad. what a loss. Steve was one of a kind and great teacher.

I always felt he pushed his luck on his shows with wild animals and often made bad judgments (baby and alligator incident).

I guess he pushed it too far.

RIP Stevo.

ox

Attachments

·
Registered
6,062 Posts
I could hardly watch his shows, and by the time they were over, my nerves were shot. He will be sadly missed.

·
In 'Da Head
24,266 Posts
Oxford said:
Man that is so sad. what a loss. Steve was one of a kind and great teacher.

I always felt he pushed his luck too far on his shows with wild animals and often made bad judgments (baby and alligator incident).

I guess he pushed it too far.

RIP Stevo.

ox
I think he was just out of his element (ocean). He dealt with tons of different creatures, but who would have ever thought he would get killed by a sting ray?

·
Registered
971 Posts
A true Australian Legend and nice bloke he will be missed by many
RIP Steve

·
Registered
8,652 Posts
Sad Loss

I always thought he was a little nuts but who would have thought he would be killed by a sting ray instead of a crocodile? Hate to think about the pain his family must be going through.
Jbird

·
Banned
10,353 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
It's particularly sad as he has a young family.
He has done a great job setting up a secure financial future for them through his ventures.
He also helped to highlight the plight of many endangered species. He will be missed.
Condolences to his family.
RIP Steve

·
Registered
99 Posts
Thats sad news, Ones thing for sure though he lived life on the edge!

You only live once. But if you lived like him, once was probally enough.

R.I.P. Steve you will be missed

·
Registered
448 Posts
:cry: Man,when I turned on my computer this morning,,I almost could'nt believe my eyes.So sad.My kids are going to be very sad too,they LOVED his shows.He will be missed by soo many.:sad:

1 - 20 of 106 Posts