Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone on here know of any public or pay ranges in Stevens Point or within 10 miles? I go to college here and have been shooting at home all summer and now I don't know where to go. If anyone can help that would be great.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
are you looking for archery ranges? if so look up Rib Mountain Bowman.:)

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
check out Blackhawk Archers in polonia. It's off hwy 66 and turn right on Z. It's probably 5-6 miles out of Point. I think it's $30 a year and you can use the outdoor range anytime. Here is the website for more info. http://blackhawk-archers.org/
great place sorry about that!!tell the inspectore that Kenny sent you here.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ya sorry I am looking for archery ranges, I want to keep shooting, but I don't want to shoot in the backyard in the middle of town with people all over the place. Thanks!!

·
Registered
10,738 Posts
Rapids has one helluva nice range with great practice facility....

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
check out Blackhawk Archers in polonia. It's off hwy 66 and turn right on Z. It's probably 5-6 miles out of Point. I think it's $30 a year and you can use the outdoor range anytime. Here is the website for more info. http://blackhawk-archers.org/
Also stop at Bucks and Bulls in Plover, they can help you with anything, and are super with archery needs. For the record, I also graduated from UWSP!

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
If you guys can still hunt by the airport, check that out on Hwy 66! There is also some public land around Dewey, etc...all else fails, instead of ingesting tons of brain killing elements on weekends, head home to hunt guys! LOL

·
Registered
20 Posts
My roommates and I like to drive up to Weston to Antlers archery. It's a little bit of a drive but we really like that range the best compared to the others stated. The virtual range in Rapids is really fun too, we normally try to get there at least once a month if possible. I am going to try and talk my roommates into heading to Weston some time this week to get some shooting in before the season gets here.

·
Registered
78 Posts
If you guys can still hunt by the airport, check that out on Hwy 66! There is also some public land around Dewey, etc...all else fails, instead of ingesting tons of brain killing elements on weekends, head home to hunt guys! LOL
Thanks for the tips. I checked out Dewey and some other public land in the area today and it doesn't look to bad, but ya ill deffinitely be heading home once in awhile to hunt on the weekends.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Also I was wondering if any of you UWSP guys know if or where I need to check my bow in because I'm staying in the dorms...I didn't bring my bow up yet but plan on heading home for opening weekend and then bringing it back up with me.

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
I would consult the Resident Assistant if you guys still have them, or the good old fashioned trunk of your car! If you lived closer, I would let you keep it here since you are attending my favorite college. I graduated from there in May 1993....a long time ago, but I still love Stevens Point!!

·
Registered
772 Posts
hey im the president of antler archers in wisconsin rapids. We offer a student membership at a reduced rate for collage students. weve had numerous students from uwsp as members here in the past. you can use the outdoor range and practice facilities and there are winter leauges usually on monday wensday and thursday with open shooting on sundays from noon to four. if you have any questions please feel free to give me a hollar. 715-570-8664 jesse koeshall

·
Registered
78 Posts
Alrite I'll have to check that out. Does anyone know if there are any local meat lockers or anything in town that would have a cooler to just hang a deer if I happen to get one and can't run home during the week?

·
Registered
20 Posts
There is an armory in the building with the big brick chimney. That is where you are supposed to check in your weapons when you are living on campus.

·
Registered
20 Posts
No problem if you got any more questions just shoot me a pm or something, I live over on Main St.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I always kept my hunting stuff in my car when I lived in the dorms, now living off campus I can keep it wherever.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts