Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So just mounted sticks and Talons last night, haven’t used them yet. Is anyone actually climbing the tree and pulling sticks off as you go? Do you bungee both top and bottom of the stick? I can’t reach the top talon, no where near that flexible. I can reach the lower one but not double jointed to reach the top one.

·
Registered
5,075 Posts
I believe bungees need taken loose before you start climbing. Im wanting to order some. What are your initial thoughts?

·
Registered
884 Posts
Call the manufacturer. The guy that makes them is awesome to talk to and actually told me to buy stealth strips before talons when I mentioned I was planning to buy talons first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Banned
18,640 Posts
seems to me they are nothing but a pain in the dupa....much easier to haul up the stand via a rope after the sticks are hung... as for packing in the sticks, a $4 ratchet works great ...

Attachments

·
Registered
418 Posts
i have the talons on my alpha and love them i hang two sticks from the ground put the stand on my back and have loops tied into my harness and hang the other two as i go i like the talons because they are just easier and neater for me packing in and out

·
Registered
24,903 Posts
I climb with them.

I mount my first stick then hang the second d on the top step. Leave the remaining two in the talon without the bungee cords. Go up and just grab the bottom of the stick to remove them( practice before hunt).

Now coming back down I have loops on my harness for the sticks. Not going to take my time putting them back in the talons hanging off the side of a tree.

·
Registered
24,903 Posts
Also stealth strips are a good idea, talons hold much better with them

·
Registered
8,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah I have everything Stealth stripped, guess I could hang bottom one then second have in loop off belt. Then leave 3 and 4 on the Talons without bungees and hang as I go up.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Dont have the setup anymore but when I did, I hung the first two sticks before starting my ascent. Left the other two sticks in the talons without the bungees; I had mine mounted left and right not top and bottom so they were both in reach as I went

·
Registered
884 Posts
Dont have the setup anymore but when I did, I hung the first two sticks before starting my ascent. Left the other two sticks in the talons without the bungees; I had mine mounted left and right not top and bottom so they were both in reach as I went
Did you haven't full length ones or the short ones?Couldn't handle the extra width myself as I go through some thick stuff on the way to the tree sometimes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts