Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend told me that the GMX, the letters and logos, are stickers so, I don't want it anymore.

The other option was the TF apecs. Another friend told me that the TF apecs, are not stickers but he didn't know in black matt (the colour that I want) if it's stickers or not.

Looking at this pic, it doesn't seems stickers.

Anyone knows if the letters and all this things are stickers or not?

http://www.bowreports.com/recurve-bows/win-apecs/apecs-pics/ppages/ppage7.htm

Thank you

·
Registered
841 Posts
I have had mine for a couple months now and those decals aren't coming off...GMX is one good riser for those who want a reactive bow...seems a little nit picky not to buy it cause it has decals...but to each their own.

Just beware your compairing two bows that are completely different ideas in recurve design...TF is very stiff and unresponsive ..shot for me kinda like the TEC risers Hoyt makes...where as the GMX is more punchy or responsive than the TEC riser design...

Don't get caught up in its the newest one from that company so its the best...lots of people still shooting the Matrix from Hoyt...or even the Axis. Its all in how you want the bow to shoot. I got mine cause I wanted a more reactive bow and my Helix wasn't doing it for me...I loved my helix don't get me wrong...but the GMX shot the way I want my recurve to shoot...if someone had a Matrix or Nexus riser at the time I was looking I might have ended up with one of those instead...plus the whole dealer pro staff deal but I digress....

PS. Check into complaints with the TF cause I have read quite afew here on AT...where as havn't seen ANY about the GMX yet.

·
Registered
476 Posts
I have my GMX for a couple of months now and the stickers are starting to come loose at the edges. I'm thinking about ordering a new one because I don't think my current one will have the performance to win anymore once the stickers are off...:rolleyes:

I think you haven't read about this because because people are ashamed they made the wrong purchase, not because people think it's not a big deal.

·
Registered
38,292 Posts
Well, one of the first things I noticed about the GMX was the use of decals rather than transfer printing. I thought it was pretty cheap and cheesy for a high end bow that is meant to last for years. But, the stickers certainly weren't a deal breaker. My stick bows are all shooters and a few of them are pretty too, but my FITA rig is for shooting, looks be damned.

·
Registered
841 Posts
i have my gmx for a couple of months now and the stickers are starting to come loose at the edges. I'm thinking about ordering a new one because i don't think my current one will have the performance to win anymore once the stickers are off...:rolleyes:

:rofl: I should use that excuse with the wife and see if she says its ok for me to order a new one!

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
If GMX decals can be removed easily (and completely) I would consider that a PLUS!! Especially if you could remove the decals from all of the limbs that are currently being manufactured (but that's just my opinion). - John

·
Registered
216 Posts
Uhh...

I have (had, since I blew mine up and am getting a replacement) a TF Apecs.

Honestly, the issue regarding stickers or not is privileged inside information and should NOT be discussed openly.

If you persist in this matter expect a knock on your door late at night. :)

Don't say you haven't been warned. :)

LOL

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have had mine for a couple months now and those decals aren't coming off...GMX is one good riser for those who want a reactive bow...seems a little nit picky not to buy it cause it has decals...but to each their own.

Just beware your compairing two bows that are completely different ideas in recurve design...TF is very stiff and unresponsive ..shot for me kinda like the TEC risers Hoyt makes...where as the GMX is more punchy or responsive than the TEC riser design...

Don't get caught up in its the newest one from that company so its the best...lots of people still shooting the Matrix from Hoyt...or even the Axis. Its all in how you want the bow to shoot. I got mine cause I wanted a more reactive bow and my Helix wasn't doing it for me...I loved my helix don't get me wrong...but the GMX shot the way I want my recurve to shoot...if someone had a Matrix or Nexus riser at the time I was looking I might have ended up with one of those instead...plus the whole dealer pro staff deal but I digress....

PS. Check into complaints with the TF cause I have read quite afew here on AT...where as havn't seen ANY about the GMX yet.

The stickers of the GMX come loose as Straat said.

I just wanna know about stickers because for me is more important the cosmetics than the performance because at that levels, both bows are good in performance.

I just wanna know about the matt black colour of TF apecs if those letters are stickers or not.

Is a simply question that could be answered with a yes or not.

All the rest, for me, is useless information because I know all I have to know about both risers.

·
Registered
216 Posts
No, the markings were not done with stickers on the WHITE riser.

I am very sorry that I do not have a black riser to give you the exact answer.

If I were a betting man, I'd go all-in on the black riser being the same and NOT being marked with stickers.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
882 Posts
at first the stickers turned me off but i have yet to see a problem with them. i know people who have had it since it came out and they havnt coe off. dont let stickers get in your way of this great riser

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Late, my TF apecs is on the way (previously I have had canceled my GMX)

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
I wonder if you could special order it from Hoyt, without the stickers, and then send it to W&W to put their logos on it. Then it would shoot even better. :first::ROFLMAO:

Better yet, maybe W&W could make available a kit, to do it yourself, to save yourself the incredible expense of shipping it back to Korea.:wink:

:jksign:

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
After 20 years of shooting, I search more than feelings or sensations.

:bartstush:

lol

·
Registered
38,292 Posts
Late, my TF apecs is on the way (previously I have had canceled my GMX)
I hope and assume that you cancelled your GMX order based on performance not on stickers. The GMX and the TV Apecs are entirely different in their goal. The GMX is meant to be a "snappy" riser that you can feel, and the TF Apecs is supposed to be more dead in the hand.

After 20 years of shooting, I search more than feelings or sensations.
Yes, you search for stickers...

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yeah, how's that working for you?:rolleyes::)
well...

1289 FITA Round (1301 in trainings)

576 indoors

646 double 70mts round

114 70mts 12 arrows match

117 18 mts 12 arrows match

National championship individual and teams, national team member, 1 national record...

not too bad at all :darkbeer:

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I hope and assume that you cancelled your GMX order based on performance not on stickers. The GMX and the TV Apecs are entirely different in their goal. The GMX is meant to be a "snappy" riser that you can feel, and the TF Apecs is supposed to be more dead in the hand.

Yes, you search for stickers...
You'll be able to shoot with a green bow with pink dots only for its performance?

I don't think so...

For me, the hoyt's stickers are the same :)

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
well...

1289 FITA Round (1301 in trainings)

576 indoors

646 double 70mts round

114 70mts 12 arrows match

117 18 mts 12 arrows match

National championship individual and teams, national team member, 1 national record...

not too bad at all :darkbeer:
You shoot that well without stickers, ever thought about requesting a riser before it's painted??:smile:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.