Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Bowtech Equalizer, 2009 Hoyt Alphamax 32
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone use it? I'm thinking of getting the unlined coverall or the BDU pants and long sleeve t-shirt for bow season here in North TX.

Scott

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
190 Posts
I've got the insulated and uninsulated coveralls, with headcover, gloves, etc. I really like the pattern for later in the season when most of the leaves have dropped or in the winter. I put the S&L pattern in the same category as Predator Fall Gray or Brown and ASAT. I believe these type patterns are much more effective at breaking up the outline and are as close to ideal as you are going to get for treestand use.

One thing I have noticed about the S&L clothing is that they tend to fade more rapidly than other patterns. I use Sport Wash to avoid odor and fading, but the coveralls seem to fade a little each time they are washed. Just one thing to be aware of.

If I could only buy S&L or Predator Fall Gray, I would be a happy camper.

Have never tried these patterns in the spring for turkey. I always tend to lean in the direction of patterns with a bit more green in them.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does the uninsulated coverall breath? We can get some pretty warm temperatures during bow season here in N. Texas.

·
Registered
190 Posts
They're cotton. Seem to "breathe" just fine. They are a great weight for early season.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts