Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I downloaded the xp powertoy thing and that would work. So I downloaded the Irfanview. I resized the pic to the 640x800 one, but the KB are still in the 900 size. And saved it to a different folder. Tried to upload it, but the KB are still too high. what am I doing wrong? Anyone?
I irks me that I have a brand new computer with XP, and that download wouldn't work. Everything on XP seems to be easy, except that.

·
im not NOT licking toads.
7,713 Posts
pic help

are you trying to post pics on here? if so you dont need any special programs if youre running XP ,its simple ,..................double click on the picture you want to use , when it comes up right click anywhere on the pic and select "EDIT" when the new window pops up at the top it will say "file" "edit" "view" "image" "colors" "help" click on "image" and select "stretch/skew" then in the box that pops up you will see "horizontal" and "vertical" with 100% beside them ,just click where it says 100% and type in 20% or 30% or so on both of them , then click ok, then your pic will be smaller ,now all you have to do is click on "file" at the top of the window and click "save" and save it somewhere you can find it! ,,,it is much easier than i make it sound ,really..............

·
Registered
12,164 Posts
drahthaar said:
I downloaded the xp powertoy thing and that would work. So I downloaded the Irfanview. I resized the pic to the 640x800 one, but the KB are still in the 900 size. And saved it to a different folder. Tried to upload it, but the KB are still too high. what am I doing wrong? Anyone?
I irks me that I have a brand new computer with XP, and that download wouldn't work. Everything on XP seems to be easy, except that.
Did the XP resizer not work at all, or just left them too big?

·
Registered
956 Posts
I use PhotoBucket, it auotmatically resizes pics and You can store a ton of pics there so you dont use up space on your PC. And it's free!!
Once you have your pics uploaded to PB open a 2nd window(Ctrl N) then once you get on Archery Talk and are ready to poast pice, go back to the PB window click in the URL to highlight it, then Right click , copy, come back to Archery Talk window and paste, waalaa!

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi bellows, I came into my office this morning, turned on my computer and now it seems the xp resizer is working, I don't know what to think.

But I have one more question. What makes a picture show up "open" in a post. I have posted pics before with a different resizer on my old computer. Sometimes when I post them they are "open" in the post, and sometimes you have to click on them, like the ones I just posted here. What do you do to get them to be open automatically? I hope you know what I mean.

·
(aka lug nut)
48,352 Posts
drahthaar said:
Hi bellows, I came into my office this morning, turned on my computer and now it seems the xp resizer is working, I don't know what to think.

But I have one more question. What makes a picture show up "open" in a post. I have posted pics before with a different resizer on my old computer. Sometimes when I post them they are "open" in the post, and sometimes you have to click on them, like the ones I just posted here. What do you do to get them to be open automatically? I hope you know what I mean.
If you attach one picture,
it will pop up on the screen.

If you attach two
pictures, then you need to click them.

When using Irfanview,
you need to select the 640 x 480 picture size.

I prefer to use www.photobucket.com

Register for a free account.

Upload all of your pictures.

Under each picture, you will see three boxes.

Click the "IMG" box with your mouse.

The "IMG" box will be highlighted.

Move your mouse over the highlighted "IMG" box.
Press the right mouse button.

Select "copy".

Go to the post here on AT.

Right click your mouse again
and select "paste".

Now, hit the enter button twice
to put some blank rows between your
picture links.

If you hit the "preview" button down below,
you will see your picture in the body of the message.

You can repeat as many times as you like.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys!!!!!

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
test

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah!!!

·
Registered
12,164 Posts
Thanks for all the help guys. :)

You can post up to 5 pictures in a post here on AT. You can do it the same way as with photobucket here. Post them, then link to them as an (insert image) and they will all show up without having to be clicked.

Belllows1

·
Registered
355 Posts
Acrobatic ***** in S. Georgia!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts