Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone keep a arrow nocked and ready to shoot while slowly walking on a trail. Or is this a dangerous practice?:eek:

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
100% of the time.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Question

Yep,ready to shoot.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Thats right!!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
nocking an arrow takes too much motion. Depending on how rough the giong is I will usually have one ready to go. A whisker biscuit is nice to hold the arrow in the rest with the bow sideways to point the broadhead away from you.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Unless i'm weaving through the brush and keep getting caught, i keep one nocked, otherwise i hole it in my hand for easy access.

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
I do this 100% of the time if the terrain permits...That being said, it's not a good practice for young archers...

·
Registered
81 Posts
Only one time have I not nocked an arrow while walking to my spot, and sure enough that is the one time I should have. I was walking along 4-wheeler trails that cut through the woods of my father-in-laws place most places are pretty open but this one spot had heavy/tall brush on both sides of the trail. Well I round this one 90 degree turn in the path and there I am standing within 10 yards of 5 does and a buck that were stagered on the path browsing. When I came around and saw them I froze and surprisingly enough none of them saw me I managed to get an arrow out of the quiver but when I nocked it and it "clicked" onto the string, I was sudenly the most popular guy in the forest for about 3 seconds.:eek:

I now nock one at the vehicle and it doesn't come off, short of shooting it, until I get back to the vehicle again!:)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts